Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Traffic grinds to standstill on A20 Swanley after vehicle hits bridge
A vehicle has hit a footbridge in Swanley today (April 24) and led to the closure of part of the A20 in Sidcup.
The incident occurred at around 12.30pm on the A20 Swanley towards Sidcup between the junction with M25 and A223.
Drivers are advised to use alternative routes.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Police were called at 12.30pm following reports of damage to a footbridge at the A20, Sidcup.
"Traffic officers attended and it is believed a crane has collided with the footbridge causing damage.
"Road closures have been put in place. The scene has been handed over to Kent Police."
Twitter user @Loonpotter posted this picture and said: “@Kent_999s been here for over half hour without moving. A20 Sidcup.
“A vehicle has hit a bridge, closed both ways.”
Did you see anything? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885 721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Air ambulance called after fire in Market Square, Bromley
- TASTE TEST: Which supermarket's scones are the best for a Devonshire cream tea?
- Elderly woman blames Lewisham Council for sleepless nights after lamppost light changed
- NSPCC helpline for parents worried about gangs
- PICTURES: Orpington's new music festival, Priory Live
Comments are closed on this article.