A vehicle has hit a footbridge in Swanley today (April 24) and led to the closure of part of the A20 in Sidcup.
The incident occurred at around 12.30pm on the A20 Swanley towards Sidcup between the junction with M25 and A223.
Drivers are advised to use alternative routes.
A Met Police spokesman said: "Police were called at 12.30pm following reports of damage to a footbridge at the A20, Sidcup.
"Traffic officers attended and it is believed a crane has collided with the footbridge causing damage.
"Road closures have been put in place. The scene has been handed over to Kent Police."
Twitter user @Loonpotter posted this picture and said: “@Kent_999s been here for over half hour without moving. A20 Sidcup.
“A vehicle has hit a bridge, closed both ways.”
Did you see anything? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885 721 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Funding arrives for heavy horses to help conserve ancient West Wickham woodland
- 11 obscure ghosts haunting Bromley
- Sydenham community celebrates Black History Month
- Former Penge woman admits £3,000 benefit fraud
- Catch indie rockers Three Kings High in New Cross tonight