Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Strike film gets free screening in Deptford as part of film festival
A lauded new film about the General Strike in 1926 will be screened for free in Deptford on International Worker’s Day, followed by a chance to quiz its director.
The Happy Lands, which was developed and created by members of the mining communities in Fife, will be shown from 7.30pm at Deptford Lounge on May 1 as part of the third New Cross and Deptford Free Film Festival, which has 36 film events over nine days from April 25.
The screening is free and the bar opens at 6.30pm and there will be pop corn available.
Afterwards, there will be a Skype Q and A with the film’s director Robert Rae.
Find out more about the festival at freefilmfestivals.org
- INTERVIEW: Rizzle Kicks star Harley Sylvester takes on gritty acting role in Thamesmead-set The Guvnors
- What Movies we're watching in 2014
- Obituary: Lauren Bacall (September 16, 1924 – August 12, 2014) Actress
- Obituary: Robin Williams 1951 to 2014 (Actor / Comedian)
- Guardians of the Galaxy: Breaking records
Comments are closed on this article.