Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Strike film gets free screening in Deptford as part of film festival
A lauded new film about the General Strike in 1926 will be screened for free in Deptford on International Worker’s Day, followed by a chance to quiz its director.
The Happy Lands, which was developed and created by members of the mining communities in Fife, will be shown from 7.30pm at Deptford Lounge on May 1 as part of the third New Cross and Deptford Free Film Festival, which has 36 film events over nine days from April 25.
The screening is free and the bar opens at 6.30pm and there will be pop corn available.
Afterwards, there will be a Skype Q and A with the film’s director Robert Rae.
Find out more about the festival at freefilmfestivals.org
- Reviewed: Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (12A)
- VIDEO: See the new 50 Shades of Grey trailer directed by Goldsmiths graduate
- VIDEO UPDATE: Dartford strongman Terry Hollands' Herculean stunt for Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson film
- Poster shows Forest Hill's Timothy Spall as painter JMW Turner
- Obituary: James Garner, Actor (1928 – 2014)
Comments are closed on this article.