Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Latest operation 'Big Wing' under way today to fight crime in south London boroughs
A huge police swoop is under way today (April 24) to combat burglary, theft, and other offences in Bromley and south London.
The latest operation ‘Big Wing’ involves more than 5,500 officers from across the capital and will hit boroughs such as Bromley, Bexley, Greenwich and Lewisham.
It comes as an ongoing drive to cut crime in London and police will be targeting thief hot spots such as pawn shops and other stores.
Commander Mak Chishty, leading today’s push, said: “The MPS is committed to driving down crime and its generators in London.
“Crimes like burglary, robbery and theft have a huge impact on the people who are victims.
“Work continues day in and day out to target those responsible and the networks they use to sell on stolen property, but big highly visible operations like today play a major part in the fight against crime and demonstrates there is no hiding place for criminals.”
- 6-year-old boy dies after being hit by car in Thamesmead
- Tributes paid to former funeral manager Jane Dale from Gravesend
- Golf club grass fire in Orpington causes damage to land equivalent to two football pitches
- Tories choose Matt Hartley to run for Greenwich and Woolwich seat
- Forest Hill Kilmorie School pupils art exhibit inspired by National Gallery painting
Comments are closed on this article.