A huge police swoop is under way today (April 24) to combat burglary, theft, and other offences in Bromley and south London.
The latest operation ‘Big Wing’ involves more than 5,500 officers from across the capital and will hit boroughs such as Bromley, Bexley, Greenwich and Lewisham.
It comes as an ongoing drive to cut crime in London and police will be targeting thief hot spots such as pawn shops and other stores.
Commander Mak Chishty, leading today’s push, said: “The MPS is committed to driving down crime and its generators in London.
“Crimes like burglary, robbery and theft have a huge impact on the people who are victims.
“Work continues day in and day out to target those responsible and the networks they use to sell on stolen property, but big highly visible operations like today play a major part in the fight against crime and demonstrates there is no hiding place for criminals.”
- Was your child given this? Product recall for Orpington's Santa grotto toys after safety fears
- Abbey Wood mum sentenced for being drunk in charge of small child
- Car collides with wall and lands on roof in Gravesend
- VIDEO: Merry Christmas message to seven-year-old Slade Green cancer sufferer
- Orpington man arrested after dawn drugs raid