Biggin Hill Airport’s Festival of Flight organisers are hoping to see classic cars feature alongside flagship attendees The Red Arrows.
Owners of pre-1966 cars or motorcycles are invited to join in at the event and see their vehicles’ engines roar alongside the famous aircraft.
Taking place on Saturday June 14, the festival will see a display arena for the vintage motorcars set next to The Red Arrows’ spot.
In the 1960s members of the RAF aerobatic group were given red MGB Roadsters by the British Motor Corporation, whose publicity manager at the time was well-known broadcaster and commentator Raymond Baxter.
Biggin Hill's Colin Hitchins said: “One part of our celebration for the Red Arrows 50th display season is to link the high profile motor cars and motorcycles of the early to mid-1960s – with half a century of precision display performances by this world-famous team.”
If you own a class car and are interested in taking part email FRAN@SYNERGYEVENTSUK.com or visit www.bigginhillairport.com
- 5 things to see and do in...Deptford
- Stat Chat: Prude v nude - what's the naked truth about our attitudes to bare skin?
- Cute and playful Molly is Pet of the Day
- Man, 58, charged with murder after body found in Deptford
- Is this Britain's worst family? Deptford killer's drunk sister smashes car into bus