Vintage cars invited to offer Red Arrows ground support at Festival of Flight in Biggin Hill (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Biggin Hill Airport's Festival of Flight organisers call for vintage car owners to take part at event
Biggin Hill Airport’s Festival of Flight organisers are hoping to see classic cars feature alongside flagship attendees The Red Arrows.
Owners of pre-1966 cars or motorcycles are invited to join in at the event and see their vehicles’ engines roar alongside the famous aircraft.
Taking place on Saturday June 14, the festival will see a display arena for the vintage motorcars set next to The Red Arrows’ spot.
In the 1960s members of the RAF aerobatic group were given red MGB Roadsters by the British Motor Corporation, whose publicity manager at the time was well-known broadcaster and commentator Raymond Baxter.
Biggin Hill's Colin Hitchins said: “One part of our celebration for the Red Arrows 50th display season is to link the high profile motor cars and motorcycles of the early to mid-1960s – with half a century of precision display performances by this world-famous team.”
If you own a class car and are interested in taking part email FRAN@SYNERGYEVENTSUK.com or visit www.bigginhillairport.com
- Lewisham memorial vandalised days before war anniversary
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
- Could the Bakerloo line finally be coming to Lewisham and Bromley boroughs?
- Bromley Council ordered to pay £64k compensation after tribunal
- Healthcare group to launch new mobile clinic in latest 'Smokefree Bromley' drive
Comments are closed on this article.