A man who inappropriately touched a woman on a busy train to Dartford through Welling is being hunted by police.
British Transport Police investigators have released an image of a man they want to speak to about the incident which took place at around 5pm on February 28.
Investigating officer Detective Constable Andy Parkinson, said: “The 35-year-old victim was travelling on the busy 4.39pm Victoria to Dartford service.
“During the journey a man stood behind the woman and inappropriately touched her.
“We believe the man got on the train at Denmark Hill and left the service at Welling station.”
Officers have carried out several lines of enquiry including viewing CCTV images from the stations and onboard the train.
DC Parkinson added: “This was a busy train and we believe there will be a number of people who witnessed what took place.
“If you were on board the service at the time, we urge you to come forward as you may have information crucial to our investigation.
“We don’t tolerate unwanted sexual behaviour of any kind on the transport network and take all reports seriously.
“If you recognise the man pictured, or have any information that you think will assist officers, please contact us."
Anyone with information is asked to contact British Transport Police on 0800 40 50 40, or text 61016, quoting SSUB/B4 of 17/04/14.
They can also call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- Was your child given this? Product recall for Orpington's Santa grotto toys after safety fears
- Car collides with wall and lands on roof in Gravesend
- Orpington man arrested after dawn drugs raid
- The Miniaturist by Forest Hill's Jessie Burton voted best book of the year
- UPDATE: St Paul's Cray woman backs out of planned shoplifting at Tesco's after benefits nightmare