UKIP is expected to put forward 30 candidates in the upcoming Bromley local elections - a 300 per cent increase on 2010.
Christine Diamond, a UKIP member of 12 years who is running in the Farnborough and Crofton ward, confirmed the figure this morning.
It includes former Conservative councillor Julian Grainger, of the Chelsfield and Pratts Bottom ward, who confirmed at the end of February he was leaving the Tories in favour of UKIP.
The UKIP leader himself, Nigel Farage, has lived Downe, Bromley, his whole life.
The local elections take place on May 22.
Are you planning to run for UKIP in the local elections? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or send an e-mail.
- Teenager almost blew up North Greenwich Tube station with homemade bomb, court hears
- Man dies after being found by police in Bexleyheath
- A man has been stabbed outside a primary school in Plumstead
- 'Bad deal': It costs £500 more to travel from this train station than another just three minutes away
- Updated: 15-year-old boy charged in Kidbrooke park knifepoint rape investigation