Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
300% increase in UKIP candidates running in Bromley local elections
UKIP is expected to put forward 30 candidates in the upcoming Bromley local elections - a 300 per cent increase on 2010.
Christine Diamond, a UKIP member of 12 years who is running in the Farnborough and Crofton ward, confirmed the figure this morning.
It includes former Conservative councillor Julian Grainger, of the Chelsfield and Pratts Bottom ward, who confirmed at the end of February he was leaving the Tories in favour of UKIP.
The UKIP leader himself, Nigel Farage, has lived Downe, Bromley, his whole life.
The local elections take place on May 22.
Are you planning to run for UKIP in the local elections? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or send an e-mail.
- Lewisham memorial vandalised days before war anniversary
- Healthcare group to launch new mobile clinic in latest 'Smokefree Bromley' drive
- Interview: Deptford band Athlete ready for rare homecoming gig at On Blackheath festival
- New bike for Belvedere 4-year-old with cerebral palsy thanks to charity day
- Bromley to commemorate the outbreak of the First World War
Comments are closed on this article.