UKIP is expected to put forward 30 candidates in the upcoming Bromley local elections - a 300 per cent increase on 2010.
Christine Diamond, a UKIP member of 12 years who is running in the Farnborough and Crofton ward, confirmed the figure this morning.
It includes former Conservative councillor Julian Grainger, of the Chelsfield and Pratts Bottom ward, who confirmed at the end of February he was leaving the Tories in favour of UKIP.
The UKIP leader himself, Nigel Farage, has lived Downe, Bromley, his whole life.
The local elections take place on May 22.
Are you planning to run for UKIP in the local elections? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or send an e-mail.
- This is what Ofsted inspectors had to say about Harris Primary Academy Shortlands
- Can you match the favourite film to the parliamentary candidate?
- Work has started on Bromley FC's stadium redevelopment and new 3G pitch
- 'London’s last affordable pockets are fast disappearing' - Rent in south east London rose more than anywhere else in the capital
- Lewisham vigil in solidarity with Manchester after terror attack