UKIP is expected to put forward 30 candidates in the upcoming Bromley local elections - a 300 per cent increase on 2010.
Christine Diamond, a UKIP member of 12 years who is running in the Farnborough and Crofton ward, confirmed the figure this morning.
It includes former Conservative councillor Julian Grainger, of the Chelsfield and Pratts Bottom ward, who confirmed at the end of February he was leaving the Tories in favour of UKIP.
The UKIP leader himself, Nigel Farage, has lived Downe, Bromley, his whole life.
The local elections take place on May 22.
Are you planning to run for UKIP in the local elections? Call the news desk on 01689 885 711 or send an e-mail.
- Darford man behind bars over two Albanian kids and 18 adults rescued from sinking ship off Kent coast
- APPEAL: Man escapes police custody after absconding from Bromley hospital
- Concerns raised over 'dangerous' Belvedere crossing where kids are forced to walk in the road to get to school
- Cyclists ride to celebrate life of popular Beckenham man
- Man rescued from burning apartment in Sidcup