The Bromley girl dreaming of becoming this year's Miss England is still in the running after impressing at the regional stage of the competition.
Ashling Lauren, 21, took part in Miss Kent on Saturday April 12 and came in second place, enough to earn a spot at the semi-final on May 19.
The gym instructor missed out to Whitstable's Milly Tritton by just a couple of points - but could still be crowned the overall winner, explained Miss Kent director Fiona Topping.
She said: "I am hoping Ashling will impress the judges (in the next round) as she did at the Miss Kent final and win herself a place in the final."
Miss Lauren, who suffered serious scarring as a toddler after an accident, said she was inspired to enter by current champion Kirsty Heslewood.
Having been mute as a child, the 2013 Miss England star does a lot of work raising awareness of the disability.
Third place at Saturday's event, held at Hop Farm, went to Crystal Palace Football Club cheerleader and singer Kate Fletcher.
- Bromley High Street wine shop blames Tesco as it goes out of business
- Bromley painter and decorator flashed woman as she walked past his van
- Bromley couple’s appeal to reunite lost photo album with owner
- Stat Chat: Which professions drink the most coffee?
- Pet of the Day: Charlie forgiven after peeing in front of owner's boss