A Lewisham man will appear in court accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road is due to appear at Woolwich Crown Court on April 29 charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man scaled around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
He appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court on April 15 and was remanded in custody until his next court date.
- Delay in Stone Crossing footbridge build slammed by council and MP
- Consulation to extend Bakerloo line to Lewisham begins with proposed start date sooner than expected
- Stat Chat: Fear of terrorism rises but what else are we afraid of?
- Pet of the Day: Duke will greet you with a bark and give a high-five
- VIDEO: Joyrider on run from police hits Blackfen house 'like a bomb'