A Lewisham man will appear in court accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road is due to appear at Woolwich Crown Court on April 29 charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man scaled around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
He appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court on April 15 and was remanded in custody until his next court date.
- Bromley fight sees police seize rocket launcher, machine gun and assault rifle
- Southeastern declare that rail 'performance was good last week'
- Forest Hill Lib Dem standing for Lewisham West and Penge at election
- Mysterious creature checks in to Travelodge
- Punters unite to 'save' Lewisham pub and live music venue