A Lewisham man will appear in court accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road is due to appear at Woolwich Crown Court on April 29 charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man scaled around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
He appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court on April 15 and was remanded in custody until his next court date.
- Man died at Queen Elizabeth Hospital after staff failed to treat him properly
- PICTURED: Nine people arrested on suspicion of drug dealing in series of raids in Thamesmead
- Bexleyheath man wants motorcyclists to wear correct safety gear following his nasty crash
- Blackwall Tunnel REOPENS after major fuel spill
- TRAVEL WARNING: Signalling problems at Orpington