Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham man on roof for 28 hours to evade police: 35-year-old charged
A Lewisham man will appear in court accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road is due to appear at Woolwich Crown Court on April 29 charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man scaled around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
He appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court on April 15 and was remanded in custody until his next court date.
- Pet of the Day: Roxy the Staffie turning her breed's stereotype around
- VIDEO: Lightning bolt rips through Welling house leaving family homeless
- Woolwich buildings reopened after 'suspect package' declared safe
- UPDATE: Man, 21, hit by car in Catford was 'arguing with his girlfriend' just before accident
- Angry parents protest against Gravesend headteacher, while 25 teachers leave school