Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Lewisham man on roof for 28 hours to evade police: 35-year-old charged
A Lewisham man will appear in court accused of climbing on to a roof and sitting there for 28 hours to evade police.
Anthony Carty, 35, of Caterham Road is due to appear at Woolwich Crown Court on April 29 charged with criminal damage to a roof and public nuisance.
It comes after a man scaled around eight rooftops in Caterham Road when police came to issue an arrest warrant on April 8 at about 3.30pm for failing to attend court.
He appeared at Bromley Magistrates’ Court on April 15 and was remanded in custody until his next court date.
- Pakistan legend Saqlain Mushtaq talks cricket ahead of Lashings All Star games in Bromley and Blackheath
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (August 2 and 3)
- Bexley Council and police investigating if Thamesmead roads were to blame in tragic road death
- Pair trapped in Gravesend crash between van and car
- Firefighters called to huge blaze in Eltham