Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Motorcyclist hit by car in Belvedere
A motorcyclist was hit by a car in Belvedere yesterday evening.
The incident happened just before 7.30pm in Lower Road by the junction with Picardy Road.
Firefighters tended to the man in his 20s before ambulance crews arrived and he was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
As well as seeing to the motorcyclist, the fire engine from Erith also helped clear the road of spilled petrol.
Cleaner Brian Barnett was on the 401 bus from Bexleyheath as part of his journey home from work in Dartford.
The 55-year-old, who lives in Wolvercote Road, Thamesmead, said he saw someone covered by a red blanket lying in the middle of the road.
He told News Shopper: “I was shocked. I didn’t realise the diversion was because of an accident but all of a sudden I saw flashing lights.
“It looked quite serious. It’s not the sort of thing you expect to happen.”
- Pet of the Day: In memory of Casey, this might bring a tear to your eye
- UPDATE: Double Downham emergency - launderette fire follows crash on same road
- Fake Abbey Wood hospice van seen cruising for late night donations
- Bexleyheath pool duping customers with 'free' swim offer, says user
- Erith gym holds white collar boxing night in memory of Tommy Main
Comments are closed on this article.