A motorcyclist was hit by a car in Belvedere yesterday evening.
The incident happened just before 7.30pm in Lower Road by the junction with Picardy Road.
Firefighters tended to the man in his 20s before ambulance crews arrived and he was taken to hospital with minor injuries.
As well as seeing to the motorcyclist, the fire engine from Erith also helped clear the road of spilled petrol.
Cleaner Brian Barnett was on the 401 bus from Bexleyheath as part of his journey home from work in Dartford.
The 55-year-old, who lives in Wolvercote Road, Thamesmead, said he saw someone covered by a red blanket lying in the middle of the road.
He told News Shopper: “I was shocked. I didn’t realise the diversion was because of an accident but all of a sudden I saw flashing lights.
“It looked quite serious. It’s not the sort of thing you expect to happen.”
- Fawkham nudists battle to save caravans at naturist club
- VIDEO: Has a ghost been caught on film at Orpington Priory?
- New Cross teen charged with firearms offences
- VIDEO: Funny or plain stupid? Gravesend prankster, Daniel Jarvis, attempts to give police officers parking fines
- Sex, spying and secrets: Women are more likely to cheat with a neighbour