UPDATE: Travellers gone from Orpington park, but leave behind large amount of fly-tipped waste (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Travellers gone from Orpington park, but leave behind large amount of fly-tipped waste
Travellers seen pitched up by Tubbenden skate park in Orpington have now left, leaving behind a large amount of fly-tipped waste.
They arrived at the Tubbenden Lane park on Monday morning, and quickly caused concern for local residents.
A man, who did not want to be named, told News Shopper: "I am a little bit disturbed.
"These travellers have settled in Tubbenden Park. There are about 20 or 30 vehicles.
"I've already rung the council about it."
A council spokesman said: "We cannot tolerate these illegal incursions and in less than 24 hours, with support from the police, this latest traveller incursion has been dealt with.
"It is disgusting to record that there is now a large amount of fly-tipped waste at the site which needs to be removed and this will be done as quickly as possible."
- Top 10 Dr Who in south east London and north Kent facts
- Famous Crystal Palace, Charlton and Millwall fans: The starting XI
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (August 22 to 25)
- COCKTAIL: Smirnoff Summer Punch
- Cannon and Ball team up with Su Pollard for Robin Hood comedy in Dartford and Bromley
Comments are closed on this article.