Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURED: The Easter Bunny delights Bexley kids at the Danson Centre
Egg-cited kids have been busy scouring the Danson Youth Centre for Easter chocolates.
Around 50 youngsters hunted for the eggs in the centre's ground and building in Brampton Road, Bexleyheath, on April 5.
Their efforts were rewarded by an appearance from the Easter Bunny later that day.
Organiser Savithri Bhat, who also organised an Indian paint throwing festival at the venue last month, said:“We were so pleased with how it went.
We raised around £150 for the Arpana Trust, an Indian health charity, and the Muscular Dystrophy Campaign.
“I’m just so delighted we managed to raise such a huge amount and the Danson Youth Centre were so kind to let us use those grounds.”
The 37-year-old, of Brampton Road, added: “I might retire from event organising for a little while and take a breather to recover.”
- Lewisham memorial vandalised days before war anniversary
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
- Could the Bakerloo line finally be coming to Lewisham and Bromley boroughs?
- Bromley Council ordered to pay £64k compensation after tribunal
- Healthcare group to launch new mobile clinic in latest 'Smokefree Bromley' drive
Comments are closed on this article.