Lewisham rapper Professor Green has announced he will postpone his UK tour in May after a “stressful” 18 months.
It comes after the 30-year-old, who lives in Tyrwhitt Road, admitted drink driving last month when he crashed a Mercedes as he ‘chased a mugger’ who had targeted his spouse.
The I Need You Tonight singer was disqualified from driving for a maximum of 12 months at Bromley Magistrates’ Court where he claimed he drove after being robbed of a £40,000 Rolex watch near his home.
The husband of Made in Chelsea star Millie Mackintosh explained his tour and album delay in a statement where he also branded the police officers who dealt with him as “silly billy bully boys”.
In a statement to his fans on his website, Pro Green wrote: “The last 18 months have been mental, turbulent, up and down, round and round, amazing, horrible, happy, sad, frustrating, testing, trying and above all incredibly f*****g stressful.
“I wanted an album out last October but as most of you are aware a lot has happened in my wonderfully colourful day to day life.
“I got hit by a car, got married and then had my life turned upside down by an entirely unfounded arrest for something which I was subsequently not charged. A waste of time.
“Silly billy bully boys.”
He went on to say the delayed album is now finished and he will tour the UK in November.
- PICTURED: Nine people arrested on suspicion of drug dealing in series of raids in Thamesmead
- Blackwall Tunnel REOPENS after major fuel spill
- EXPLAINED: Not got a fracking clue? We've extracted everything you need to know
- Man, 23, bailed after being arrested on suspicion of attempted murder
- Woman charged with arson after fire rips through Swanscombe house