Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
PICTURED: Police weed out Sydenham cannabis factory
A tip-off from residents led officers to weed out a Sydenham cannabis factory packed with 160 plants.
Members of Lewisham’s Local Policing Team uncovered the drugs yesterday (April 10) which were stuffed into three rooms of a property in Sydenham Hill Estate.
The mains electricity had been diverted to produce the crop and engineers found live wires which had to be made safe before entry.
Sergeant Philip Moore said: "This is another example of information from the public being used to address crime and disorder.
“Cannabis production is not only illegal but also generates other crimes and affects people’s lives and all those associated with it negatively.
“I would encourage the public to contact police with any information or concerns they have in their local community to allow us to take positive action".
A woman in her 40s was arrested at the scene.
Anyone with similar information or concerns is asked to contact police on non-emergency number 101 or the Perry Vale and Forest Hill Safer Neighbourhoods Team on 020 8721 2480.
- Buster the Staffie is Battersea Dogs Home's longest-staying Kent resident - can you give a home?
- Pet of the Day: Benson the big softie
- Ban for driver who took off while being given a speeding ticket
- Man jailed for stealing police car on Crayford night out
- Huge fly-tipping sites in Ladywell uncovered
Comments are closed on this article.