A tip-off from residents led officers to weed out a Sydenham cannabis factory packed with 160 plants.
Members of Lewisham’s Local Policing Team uncovered the drugs yesterday (April 10) which were stuffed into three rooms of a property in Sydenham Hill Estate.
The mains electricity had been diverted to produce the crop and engineers found live wires which had to be made safe before entry.
Sergeant Philip Moore said: "This is another example of information from the public being used to address crime and disorder.
“Cannabis production is not only illegal but also generates other crimes and affects people’s lives and all those associated with it negatively.
“I would encourage the public to contact police with any information or concerns they have in their local community to allow us to take positive action".
A woman in her 40s was arrested at the scene.
Anyone with similar information or concerns is asked to contact police on non-emergency number 101 or the Perry Vale and Forest Hill Safer Neighbourhoods Team on 020 8721 2480.
- WATCH: Shocking video of man hit by driving instructor's car in Woolwich
- No more happy endings after New Cross 'sex cinema' is shut down
- PICTURED: Sidcup road closed both ways due to sinkhole
- 'She must be avoided': Hilarious sign warns of Barnehurst's 'dumpy pervert'
- Chart topper Jamie Lawson tells us how a chance meeting with Ed Sheeran in Balham changed his life