Travellers on Southeastern train line between London Bridge and Sevenoaks suffered severe delays after a water mains burst this morning (April 10).
There was a burst water main at Grove Park which caused the line to be shut for investigation. Services have now resumed.
But safety checks on the line between London Bridge and Cannon Street have led to a back-up of trains with delays of up to an hour.
A Southeastern spokeswoman said: “Earlier this morning we had an issue with a burst water main at Grove Park. The line had to be shut while we an investigation took place.
“We have got an issue with trains running through London Bridge to Cannon Street with safety checks taking place.
“There was a Network Rail report from a driver about something not feeling quite right.
“We shut the line to do a check and there is a back-up on services.
“There are delays of around an hour.
“Obviously that is hugely disruptive for our passengers. We are really sorry for the delays but when safety checks need to be done, it is better to do those safety checks.”
- UPDATE: Teenage girl who disappeared from Sidcup with 51-year-old man escaped out of window, police say
- UPDATE: New Eltham travellers evicted from former Gaelic football pitch
- Bexley shops warned after £50 note scam
- Lewisham and Greenwich men among jailed members of global multi-million pound drug smuggling operation which hid cocaine in children's toys
- Knife found after stop and search in Lewisham