Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Charity football match for murdered Bexleyheath grandmother Sally Hodkin
Family and friends of a murdered Bexleyheath grandmother will be lacing up their boots again this year for a charity football match held in her memory.
Sally Hodkin, 58, was stabbed to death in Bexleyheath town centre on the morning of October 10, 2011, by mental health patient Nicola Edgington.
Last year the Hodkin family helped raise more than £9,000 for the Meniere’s Society and the witness service at the Old Bailey where Edgington was convicted.
The funds helped create a dedicated children’s waiting room and family room for bereaved relatives awaiting verdicts in murder trials.
This year’s match will take place on May 15 at 7.30pm at Welling United's Park View ground, with funds raised also going towards the Hundred Families charity fighting for relatives of those killed by mental health patients.
- UPDATE: Train delays due to man 'laying on the track' at Anerley
- The Thank Bank: Readers say 'thank you'
- Leesons Hill, St Paul's Cray, currently blocked due to accident
- Man spotted painting Dartford station post box pink
- 11 things you must see this week (July 23 to 30)
Comments are closed on this article.