Youngsters met MP for Bexleyheath and Crayford David Evennett to grill him on his career in politics far.
Mr Evennett appeared as a guest speaker at Bexleyheath Academy in Woolwich Road to discuss how his previous jobs have informed his political career.
Kids heard how he worked as a teacher and an insurance broker before his political career took off.
He also talked about his role as a Government minister and whip.
Pupils quizzed him on a range of topics including the Ukraine, the EU, international aid and education.
He said: "I was impressed by the way pupils engaged and their knowledge of current affairs.
"They are a credit to the school, who can be proud of their participation in this session.
"I believe events like these are important to help young people understand the role of parliamentarians and inspire them to become more involved in our democratic process in the future."
- Saving London from the Great Stink: Abbey Wood's Crossness sewage cathedral reopens to the public
- UPDATE: Police arrest knife-wielding man 'throwing stuff off roof' in Erith
- EXCLUSIVE: Mum of teen stabbed to death in Brockley demands justice after accused killers go free
- 'People were angry about the bullshit': Greenwich Council remove 'disruptive' library campaigners from public meeting
- Northfleet father-of-three jailed after stabbing man with pair of scissors