Youngsters met MP for Bexleyheath and Crayford David Evennett to grill him on his career in politics far.
Mr Evennett appeared as a guest speaker at Bexleyheath Academy in Woolwich Road to discuss how his previous jobs have informed his political career.
Kids heard how he worked as a teacher and an insurance broker before his political career took off.
He also talked about his role as a Government minister and whip.
Pupils quizzed him on a range of topics including the Ukraine, the EU, international aid and education.
He said: "I was impressed by the way pupils engaged and their knowledge of current affairs.
"They are a credit to the school, who can be proud of their participation in this session.
"I believe events like these are important to help young people understand the role of parliamentarians and inspire them to become more involved in our democratic process in the future."
- Bluewater expansion plans will make it bigger than Westfield
- WATCH: The moment a man takes a 12-year-old’s £300 bike at McDonald’s
- A man arrested in Lewisham ‘broke his handcuffs and bit a police officer’
- "Jordan was preparing to go on a family holiday - now his parents are planning his funeral", police chief says on day arrest made and £10k reward is offered
- 'Simply unbelievable': Strangers turn up with car loads of toys to help a burgled nursery