Work has begun on a new construction skills and training centre in Kidbrooke.
The Construction Skills Centre will offer Greenwich residents construction courses from kerb laying to traffic marshalling.
Training at the mobile building, which can be transferred to different construction sites around the borough, will be provided by Greenwich Community College and other specialist providers.
It comes shortly after ground was broken for Greenwich’s Horticultural Skills Centre in Shooters Hill.
Greenwich Council cabinet member for regeneration enterprise and skills Councillor Denise Hyland said: "I’m extremely excited by what we’re doing here.
"With all of our skills centres we are providing training in key sectors with direct access into jobs.
"Our borough is regenerating fast at the moment with a hugely ambitious programme of regeneration and house-building in the coming years."
- CCTV: Dartford man jailed for 12 years after shooting police officer in Bexley
- Sky customers experiencing problems across south east London
- PICTURED: Duchess of Cambridge dazzles Deptford and Sydenham in pink
- Man charged with rape after two women report being attacked
- UPDATE: Man charged 37 times after Met Police make dozens of arrests in dawn raids