Bestselling author Louisa Young is coming to Bromley Central Library this week to talk about women and the war.
It comes as the capital’s residents are encouraged to pick up the same book and read together as part of Cityread London, a month-long celebration of literature.
The writer, whose First World War-set novel ‘My Dear, I Wanted to Tell You’ is the chosen title for the scheme, is set to visit on Thursday April 10.
- Woolwich drug dealer caught after pooing himself and revealing thousands of pounds worth of heroin
- Police name victims of Camber Sands beach tragedy as young men from Plumstead, Welling and Erith
- 'They couldn't swim': Dad of Erith brothers who died at Camber Sands asks why there was no lifeguard
- Thieves jailed after stealing life-saving equipment from Lewisham and Dartford fire stations
- South Darenth man jailed after trying to sell more than £200,000 worth of cocaine