An Eltham MP held a jobs fair which brought in more than 150 young people last Friday (April 4).
Labour MP for Eltham Clive Efford hosted the event, which had 50 potential employers all with job vacancies, at Greenwich Community College.
It comes after figures show long-term youth unemployment has rocketed in Greenwich by more than 1,000 per cent since 2010 with Eltham West and Coldharbour particularly affected.
Mr Efford said: “It’s clear we have got lots of talented young people in Eltham, many of whom are struggling to find a job at the moment.
"They’ve got the skills to do the work, they just need a helping finding the right job.”
He went on to say Hip Hop star Tinie Tempah, who used to live in Plumstead, took to Twitter to support the event.
Mr Efford added he was “delighted” with the turnout and quality of employers, and will be holding more jobs fairs later in the year.
- What's on this weekend: 18 gigs, theatre shows and family events you can't afford to miss (March 7 and 8)
- Splash park closure and garden waste collection charge passed at Bexley Council budget meeting
- Two Bromley FC players injured in separate car crashes
- Lewisham police appeal to reunite robbery victim with missing phone
- Sir Paul McCartney announces Greenwich show