An Eltham MP held a jobs fair which brought in more than 150 young people last Friday (April 4).
Labour MP for Eltham Clive Efford hosted the event, which had 50 potential employers all with job vacancies, at Greenwich Community College.
It comes after figures show long-term youth unemployment has rocketed in Greenwich by more than 1,000 per cent since 2010 with Eltham West and Coldharbour particularly affected.
Mr Efford said: “It’s clear we have got lots of talented young people in Eltham, many of whom are struggling to find a job at the moment.
"They’ve got the skills to do the work, they just need a helping finding the right job.”
He went on to say Hip Hop star Tinie Tempah, who used to live in Plumstead, took to Twitter to support the event.
Mr Efford added he was “delighted” with the turnout and quality of employers, and will be holding more jobs fairs later in the year.
- Man beaten to death in Eltham by brothers after 'gay' insult, court hears
- UPDATE: Disruption expected at Dartford station due to signalling problems
- Charlton fans get green light for Belgium protest against owner who blames campaign on 'few hot heads shown door by club'
- 'Good things come to those who wait' says Greenhithe councillor ahead of significant year for Swanscombe London Paramount Resorts
- Plumstead man 'killed banker after being laughed at' on night out in Blackheath