An Eltham MP held a jobs fair which brought in more than 150 young people last Friday (April 4).
Labour MP for Eltham Clive Efford hosted the event, which had 50 potential employers all with job vacancies, at Greenwich Community College.
It comes after figures show long-term youth unemployment has rocketed in Greenwich by more than 1,000 per cent since 2010 with Eltham West and Coldharbour particularly affected.
Mr Efford said: “It’s clear we have got lots of talented young people in Eltham, many of whom are struggling to find a job at the moment.
"They’ve got the skills to do the work, they just need a helping finding the right job.”
He went on to say Hip Hop star Tinie Tempah, who used to live in Plumstead, took to Twitter to support the event.
Mr Efford added he was “delighted” with the turnout and quality of employers, and will be holding more jobs fairs later in the year.
- General Election campaigning suspended after deadly terror attack in Manchester
- Children among dead as death toll rises after Manchester bombing
- Parents warned after 'attempted abduction' of girls in Sidcup
- This is how to mark yourself safe following the terror attack at Manchester arena
- Met chief condemns 'appalling' terrorist attack in Manchester