Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATE: Man cut out of a car after crash on A2 london bound by Gravesend
A man was cut out of a car following a crash on the A2 by Gravesend this morning (April 7).
The incident happened at around 9am on section seven of the A2 London bound.
The carriageway was closed and the road was closed by the A226 Wainscott bypass but the roads were reopened around an hour later.
A spokeswoman for Kent Police said: "We were called to the London bound carriageway of the A2 at around 9am this morning following a report that a collision involving a Uno van and a Passat had occurred.
"A driver was trapped inside his vehicle and KF&RS were called to cut the roof off the vehicle.
"The carriageway was closed whilst this was done. The road was also closed at the A226 (Wainscott bypass).
"The driver was taken to hospital by ambulance, his condition was not described as serious.
"The roads were reopened at 10.20am."
A spokesman for KF&RS said: “Firefighters used hydraulic cutting equipment to rescue a man who was trapped in a car following a crash involving two vehicles.
"He was passed to the care of ambulance technicians.”
More to follow.
- VIDEO: Lightning bolt rips through Welling house leaving family homeless
- Woolwich buildings reopened after 'suspect package' declared safe
- UPDATE: Man, 21, hit by car in Catford was 'arguing with his girlfriend' just before accident
- Angry parents protest against Gravesend headteacher, while 25 teachers leave school
- Train delays due to man 'laying on the track' at Anerley
Comments are closed on this article.