Tomorrow is April 5, which means only one thing – it’s International Pillow Fight Day!
The annual occasion is when people across the world from Aberystwyth to Zurich gather in cities to settle their (non) differences like adults - with a massive pillow fight.
Feathers usually fly in the main square of the city where fights are taking place, or any other large public space where there's room for a few hundred people to swing a pillow.
Participants usually co-ordinate their activities through instant messaging or chatrooms, and pillows are often concealed until a set time has been reached - so if you see an unusually high number of big-bellied people walking around on Saturday, it might all be about to kick off.
The main proponents of the event are the Urban Playground Movement, a loose collaboration of people all over the world who organise and promote free, non-commercial public events and encourage people to see the environment around them as a space to play in.
The event’s website has a few listings for London events on the day, but apparently the Mayor’s office has said Trafalgar Square will not be available – so it’s unclear what, if anything, will be going on in central London.
Whether it turns out the London events are off or you just don’t fancy heading up there on a Saturday, you could still have a pillow fight at home in celebration of the day. Maybe challenge some mates locally to see who the champion warrior is.
If you decide to do this you’ll need to learn some top pillow fighting moves first so follow the tips from Time4Sleep below to prepare yourself and hone your skills.
If you do anything for International Pillow Fight Day please send us some pictures by email
- 4 creepy housing ads offering free rooms in exchange for sex
- 5 top tips to beat Blue Monday: Can you face 'most depressing day of year' with a smile?
- 7 of the best breakfasts in south east London and north Kent
- 6 amazing photos of the cosmos: Greenwich observatory search for Astronomy Photographer of the Year
- 11 weird and wonderful places for a wedding in south east London
- Tell us your best #foxnewsfacts after London 'Muslim religious police' TV gaffe
- For duck's sake! 5 birds which caused chaos across Thamesmead and Crayford
- 5 top tips for fast fat loss
- Don't f*** it up - where does this rank on top 10 most tweeted New Year resolutions?
- 17 funny, outrageous and amazing Vine videos from south east London and north Kent in 2014 - can you do better?