Tomorrow is April 5, which means only one thing – it’s International Pillow Fight Day!
The annual occasion is when people across the world from Aberystwyth to Zurich gather in cities to settle their (non) differences like adults - with a massive pillow fight.
Feathers usually fly in the main square of the city where fights are taking place, or any other large public space where there's room for a few hundred people to swing a pillow.
Participants usually co-ordinate their activities through instant messaging or chatrooms, and pillows are often concealed until a set time has been reached - so if you see an unusually high number of big-bellied people walking around on Saturday, it might all be about to kick off.
The main proponents of the event are the Urban Playground Movement, a loose collaboration of people all over the world who organise and promote free, non-commercial public events and encourage people to see the environment around them as a space to play in.
The event’s website has a few listings for London events on the day, but apparently the Mayor’s office has said Trafalgar Square will not be available – so it’s unclear what, if anything, will be going on in central London.
Whether it turns out the London events are off or you just don’t fancy heading up there on a Saturday, you could still have a pillow fight at home in celebration of the day. Maybe challenge some mates locally to see who the champion warrior is.
If you decide to do this you’ll need to learn some top pillow fighting moves first so follow the tips from Time4Sleep below to prepare yourself and hone your skills.
If you do anything for International Pillow Fight Day please send us some pictures by email
- 10 Black Friday facts and figures as UK shoppers get set for sales madness
- Stat Chat: More grateful for iPhone than light bulb! Top 10 American exports we're thankful for
- Stat Chat: Third of workers 'admit sex with colleague' at Christmas party
- 50,000th baby born at Darent Valley Hospital, but what have been the most popular names?
- 'I'm not a nutter' - Blackheath man uses sign to search for Suzy
- Stat Chat: Top 10 celebs we'd most love to sit down for breakfast with
- 9 amazingly weird things we learnt about south east Londoners from YouGov profiles
- Stat Chat: Top 10 items on Christmas gift wish-lists
- 11 ingredients to make Christmas dinner for just £2.66 per person
- Stat Chat: Tenth of people claim never to have told a lie - the liars!