An organisation set up to improve Cray Valley is to celebrate its work at an inaugural meeting tomorrow (Friday April 4).
Cray Valley Initiative Panel (CVIP) was formed to “drive forward a strategic vision” for the area, said Councillor Peter Fortune, a key member behind the collective.
Tomorrow he will sit down to discuss plans with Orpington MP Jo Johnson, as well as members from a number of local residents’ associations and action groups - all playing a part.
Coun Fortune explained the CVIP will be responsible for helping local projects to improve local ameneties - including the distribution of community funds, with the likes of a festival, an allotment and a football team all in the pipeline.
- Girl, 17, hit by Mercedes car in Wickham Lane, Plumstead
- Dippy the diplodocus is set to retire
- Bexley gets new defibrillators in memory of Welling man who died on his 22nd birthday
- Fire crews tackle roof blaze in Swanley
- Burglar and car thief jailed for three years