An organisation set up to improve Cray Valley is to celebrate its work at an inaugural meeting tomorrow (Friday April 4).
Cray Valley Initiative Panel (CVIP) was formed to “drive forward a strategic vision” for the area, said Councillor Peter Fortune, a key member behind the collective.
Tomorrow he will sit down to discuss plans with Orpington MP Jo Johnson, as well as members from a number of local residents’ associations and action groups - all playing a part.
Coun Fortune explained the CVIP will be responsible for helping local projects to improve local ameneties - including the distribution of community funds, with the likes of a festival, an allotment and a football team all in the pipeline.
- Victim of Camber Sands beach tragedy named locally as Woolwich student Nitharsan Ravi
- GCSE results day for south-east London and north Kent
- WATCH: Shocking footage emerges of huge late-night fight in Dartford
- VIDEO AND PICS: Police called to gunfire at bus stop in New Cross
- London’s burning: Free events to mark 350 years since the Great Fire of London