An organisation set up to improve Cray Valley is to celebrate its work at an inaugural meeting tomorrow (Friday April 4).
Cray Valley Initiative Panel (CVIP) was formed to “drive forward a strategic vision” for the area, said Councillor Peter Fortune, a key member behind the collective.
Tomorrow he will sit down to discuss plans with Orpington MP Jo Johnson, as well as members from a number of local residents’ associations and action groups - all playing a part.
Coun Fortune explained the CVIP will be responsible for helping local projects to improve local ameneties - including the distribution of community funds, with the likes of a festival, an allotment and a football team all in the pipeline.
- Mottingham pensioner told gift card halved in value - and she had to pay extra
- 'He touched all our hearts': Tributes paid to man killed by train near Dartford station
- Man and two teens arrested - and crossbow seized - in Welling drugs and weapons raid
- Woman taken to hospital following crash in Crayford
- Ten men arrested over alleged sexual assault at Bluewater shopping centre have bail extended