An organisation set up to improve Cray Valley is to celebrate its work at an inaugural meeting tomorrow (Friday April 4).
Cray Valley Initiative Panel (CVIP) was formed to “drive forward a strategic vision” for the area, said Councillor Peter Fortune, a key member behind the collective.
Tomorrow he will sit down to discuss plans with Orpington MP Jo Johnson, as well as members from a number of local residents’ associations and action groups - all playing a part.
Coun Fortune explained the CVIP will be responsible for helping local projects to improve local ameneties - including the distribution of community funds, with the likes of a festival, an allotment and a football team all in the pipeline.
- Teenage pilot on solo flight around the world touches down at Biggin Hill Airport
- Live news, weather and travel from north Kent and south east London on July 28
- Lloyds Bank to close 200 branches and cut 3,000 jobs after Brexit fallout
- Appeal for missing teenager last seen in Bexleyheath
- WEATHER: Warm but cloudy as rain showers look set to arrive