An organisation set up to improve Cray Valley is to celebrate its work at an inaugural meeting tomorrow (Friday April 4).
Cray Valley Initiative Panel (CVIP) was formed to “drive forward a strategic vision” for the area, said Councillor Peter Fortune, a key member behind the collective.
Tomorrow he will sit down to discuss plans with Orpington MP Jo Johnson, as well as members from a number of local residents’ associations and action groups - all playing a part.
Coun Fortune explained the CVIP will be responsible for helping local projects to improve local ameneties - including the distribution of community funds, with the likes of a festival, an allotment and a football team all in the pipeline.
- VIDEO: Dartford driver does quad bike wheelie on the A2
- Abbey Wood station closed after person hit by train
- Train strike's off but 'major engineering' works are still in place - here's what you need to know
- UPDATE Police issue fresh appeal to find 'vulnerable' missing girl, thought to be with man three times her age
- UPDATE: Teenage girl who disappeared from Sidcup with 51-year-old man escaped out of window, police say