An organisation set up to improve Cray Valley is to celebrate its work at an inaugural meeting tomorrow (Friday April 4).
Cray Valley Initiative Panel (CVIP) was formed to “drive forward a strategic vision” for the area, said Councillor Peter Fortune, a key member behind the collective.
Tomorrow he will sit down to discuss plans with Orpington MP Jo Johnson, as well as members from a number of local residents’ associations and action groups - all playing a part.
Coun Fortune explained the CVIP will be responsible for helping local projects to improve local ameneties - including the distribution of community funds, with the likes of a festival, an allotment and a football team all in the pipeline.
- Woman hit by bus in outside cinema North Greenwich
- Greenwich 'TubePerve' who filmed over 100 upskirt shots on London Underground spared jail
- Local MPs slam proposals for Southeastern trains to stop calling at several central London stations
- Air ambulance called to motorcycle crash in Dartford
- Keep 'old of your round pound coins - Lewisham pay and display machines can't accept the new ones