An organisation set up to improve Cray Valley is to celebrate its work at an inaugural meeting tomorrow (Friday April 4).
Cray Valley Initiative Panel (CVIP) was formed to “drive forward a strategic vision” for the area, said Councillor Peter Fortune, a key member behind the collective.
Tomorrow he will sit down to discuss plans with Orpington MP Jo Johnson, as well as members from a number of local residents’ associations and action groups - all playing a part.
Coun Fortune explained the CVIP will be responsible for helping local projects to improve local ameneties - including the distribution of community funds, with the likes of a festival, an allotment and a football team all in the pipeline.
- 'She must be avoided': Hilarious sign warns of Barnehurst's 'dumpy pervert'
- PICTURED: Bearded bobby in Bexleyheath carries shopping bags for elderly woman
- Fire at electrical sub-station in Sidcup
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent
- Police on 'high alert' for post-Brexit racism and hate crime