An organisation set up to improve Cray Valley is to celebrate its work at an inaugural meeting tomorrow (Friday April 4).
Cray Valley Initiative Panel (CVIP) was formed to “drive forward a strategic vision” for the area, said Councillor Peter Fortune, a key member behind the collective.
Tomorrow he will sit down to discuss plans with Orpington MP Jo Johnson, as well as members from a number of local residents’ associations and action groups - all playing a part.
Coun Fortune explained the CVIP will be responsible for helping local projects to improve local ameneties - including the distribution of community funds, with the likes of a festival, an allotment and a football team all in the pipeline.
- VIDEO: Waste4Fuel from above - another Christmas next to this mess for residents
- Fire breaks out in Tesco Express, Welling
- Man rescued from Woolwich flat fire
- UPDATE: Man rushed to hospital after car flips over on the A2 near Darenth
- Biggin Hill mum delivers presents to local children's hospices