Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
First meeting for local action group Cray Valley to welcome Jo Johnson MP
An organisation set up to improve Cray Valley is to celebrate its work at an inaugural meeting tomorrow (Friday April 4).
Cray Valley Initiative Panel (CVIP) was formed to “drive forward a strategic vision” for the area, said Councillor Peter Fortune, a key member behind the collective.
Tomorrow he will sit down to discuss plans with Orpington MP Jo Johnson, as well as members from a number of local residents’ associations and action groups - all playing a part.
Coun Fortune explained the CVIP will be responsible for helping local projects to improve local ameneties - including the distribution of community funds, with the likes of a festival, an allotment and a football team all in the pipeline.
- PICTURED: Belvedere police find "disgusting" house after squatter raid
- Man rushed to hospital after road rage assault at Bexleyheath crash
- Police want to speak 'bewildered' man after burglary in Hayes newsagents
- Fresh appeal over fake policemen distraction burglary in Swanley
- One in five mums announce birth on Facebook within half an hour
Comments are closed on this article.