There is disruption on Southeastern train services this afternoon after a freight train derailed near Charlton.
The wagon of a freight train derailed at around 10.30am causing services between Dartford and Charlton to be diverted through Bexleyheath.
A Network Rail spokesman said: “There is disruption on some Southeastern Metro routes this afternoon, owing to the derailment of a freight train wagon near Charlton.
“Network Rail engineers are on site and are working to get the railway back into use as soon as possible.
“In the meantime, trains between Dartford and Charlton are being diverted through Bexleyheath.
“Passengers are advised to check before travelling.”
- The big bang: The wonderful ways Kent reacted
- Brockley Sun reporter 'paid government press officer for Kelly Brook story'
- Council leader, Jeremy Kite, backs plans for Lidl to open in Dartford
- UPDATE: Two men charged with Thamesmead murder of Ben Fasina
- Bromley borough happiest place in outer London