There is disruption on Southeastern train services this afternoon after a freight train derailed near Charlton.
The wagon of a freight train derailed at around 10.30am causing services between Dartford and Charlton to be diverted through Bexleyheath.
A Network Rail spokesman said: “There is disruption on some Southeastern Metro routes this afternoon, owing to the derailment of a freight train wagon near Charlton.
“Network Rail engineers are on site and are working to get the railway back into use as soon as possible.
“In the meantime, trains between Dartford and Charlton are being diverted through Bexleyheath.
“Passengers are advised to check before travelling.”
- TRAVEL: Engineering work disrupting trains this weekend
- Woolly Hat Day 2017: We want photos of you in your favourite cosy headgear
- False funding claim revealed in New Bermondsey sports development
- Increasing social care cost puts strain on Bexley council as councillors prepare to debate upcoming budget
- REVEALED: Which companies do you think are keeping their customers most satisfied?