There is disruption on Southeastern train services this afternoon after a freight train derailed near Charlton.
The wagon of a freight train derailed at around 10.30am causing services between Dartford and Charlton to be diverted through Bexleyheath.
A Network Rail spokesman said: “There is disruption on some Southeastern Metro routes this afternoon, owing to the derailment of a freight train wagon near Charlton.
“Network Rail engineers are on site and are working to get the railway back into use as soon as possible.
“In the meantime, trains between Dartford and Charlton are being diverted through Bexleyheath.
“Passengers are advised to check before travelling.”
- UPDATE: Eight mile queues on M25 after police rescue man from Dartford bridge
- PARTY TIME! Send us your school prom photos for our gallery
- UPDATE: Residents' concern as travellers pitch up on Winn's Common, Plumstead for over a week
- VIDEO: Take a tour of Abbey Wood's Elizabeth Line station
- Battle of the Somme 100th anniversary - send us your photos and stories of ancestors who fought