There is disruption on Southeastern train services this afternoon after a freight train derailed near Charlton.
The wagon of a freight train derailed at around 10.30am causing services between Dartford and Charlton to be diverted through Bexleyheath.
A Network Rail spokesman said: “There is disruption on some Southeastern Metro routes this afternoon, owing to the derailment of a freight train wagon near Charlton.
“Network Rail engineers are on site and are working to get the railway back into use as soon as possible.
“In the meantime, trains between Dartford and Charlton are being diverted through Bexleyheath.
“Passengers are advised to check before travelling.”
- 'No evidence' of wrong way drivers on 'deadly' Downham road
- Education secretary cements a 'brick of aspiration' into Bexley's first free school
- PICTURED: Belvedere great-grandmother brings in 100th birthday in style at The Leather Bottle
- Crackdown operation identifies robbery as most dominant Lewisham crime
- Bexley unemployment figures drop by half over four years