Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Derailed train in Charlton causes havoc on Southeastern trains
There is disruption on Southeastern train services this afternoon after a freight train derailed near Charlton.
The wagon of a freight train derailed at around 10.30am causing services between Dartford and Charlton to be diverted through Bexleyheath.
A Network Rail spokesman said: “There is disruption on some Southeastern Metro routes this afternoon, owing to the derailment of a freight train wagon near Charlton.
“Network Rail engineers are on site and are working to get the railway back into use as soon as possible.
“In the meantime, trains between Dartford and Charlton are being diverted through Bexleyheath.
“Passengers are advised to check before travelling.”
- GCSE results day: All the news and pictures
- PICTURED: Playday in Danson Park
- iPhone snatched from woman's hands while she travelled on Bromley train
- Chislehurst businessman talks about entering the notorious Dragon's Den with a card and a bunch of flowers
- Care agency leaks personal details of elderly and vulnerable people
Comments are closed on this article.