There is disruption on Southeastern train services this afternoon after a freight train derailed near Charlton.
The wagon of a freight train derailed at around 10.30am causing services between Dartford and Charlton to be diverted through Bexleyheath.
A Network Rail spokesman said: “There is disruption on some Southeastern Metro routes this afternoon, owing to the derailment of a freight train wagon near Charlton.
“Network Rail engineers are on site and are working to get the railway back into use as soon as possible.
“In the meantime, trains between Dartford and Charlton are being diverted through Bexleyheath.
“Passengers are advised to check before travelling.”
- Military funeral celebrates life of Dartford war veteran, Sid Blackmore, aged 92
- Abbey Wood to get £6m facelift in time for Crossrail 2018 opening
- Mum and daughter attacked and pushed off Dartford-bound train at Welling
- Claire Tiltman trial: Murder accused went on armed 'midnight walks' looking for someone to attack
- Signal problems between London Bridge and Deptford cause Southeastern delays