There is disruption on Southeastern train services this afternoon after a freight train derailed near Charlton.
The wagon of a freight train derailed at around 10.30am causing services between Dartford and Charlton to be diverted through Bexleyheath.
A Network Rail spokesman said: “There is disruption on some Southeastern Metro routes this afternoon, owing to the derailment of a freight train wagon near Charlton.
“Network Rail engineers are on site and are working to get the railway back into use as soon as possible.
“In the meantime, trains between Dartford and Charlton are being diverted through Bexleyheath.
“Passengers are advised to check before travelling.”
- Latest news, traffic and weather for south-east London and north Kent
- Ten men arrested over alleged sexual assault at Bluewater shopping centre have bail extended
- Sunny day in store for south-east London and north Kent
- Woman taken to hospital following crash in Crayford
- UPDATE: 48 residents evacuated after sinkhole opens up in Plumstead