There is disruption on Southeastern train services this afternoon after a freight train derailed near Charlton.
The wagon of a freight train derailed at around 10.30am causing services between Dartford and Charlton to be diverted through Bexleyheath.
A Network Rail spokesman said: “There is disruption on some Southeastern Metro routes this afternoon, owing to the derailment of a freight train wagon near Charlton.
“Network Rail engineers are on site and are working to get the railway back into use as soon as possible.
“In the meantime, trains between Dartford and Charlton are being diverted through Bexleyheath.
“Passengers are advised to check before travelling.”
- Tattooed Abbey Wood man tried to burgle Thamesmead home with garden spade
- VIDEO: Gravesend prankster in Tottenham pitch invasion
- Paeodophile jailed for string of historic sexual abuse offences
- Cannibal pigeons spotted at the Princess Royal University Hospital in Farnborough
- Report on Brockley body in suitcase killer removed from Google searches