There is disruption on Southeastern train services this afternoon after a freight train derailed near Charlton.
The wagon of a freight train derailed at around 10.30am causing services between Dartford and Charlton to be diverted through Bexleyheath.
A Network Rail spokesman said: “There is disruption on some Southeastern Metro routes this afternoon, owing to the derailment of a freight train wagon near Charlton.
“Network Rail engineers are on site and are working to get the railway back into use as soon as possible.
“In the meantime, trains between Dartford and Charlton are being diverted through Bexleyheath.
“Passengers are advised to check before travelling.”
- UPDATE: Eight mile queues on M25 after police rescue man from Dartford bridge
- Greenwich Theatre sets itself for bold new era - plus what's on in its new season
- ‘I thought I was mad’: Woman's shock after seeing rooster on M25 at Swanley
- TRAVEL: Hither Green Lane blocked after crash
- Serious crash closes road in Eltham