Sixteen people escaped from a hotel blaze in New Cross last night (April 1) which is believed to have been sparked by a washing machine fault.
There were 21 firefighters called to Goddis Lodge, in New Cross Road, at 11.11pm to the fire which gutted a ground floor utility room.
Sixteen people escaped the building before London Fire Brigade (LFB) crews arrived with two treated for smoke inhalation.
Four fire engines from New Cross, Deptford, Greenwich and Old Kent Road fire stations tackled the flames which were under control by 12.15am.
The cause of the fire is believed to have been an electrical fault in a washing machine.
Did you see what happened? Call the newsdesk on 01689 885732 or email pictures to firstname.lastname@example.org
- COMMENT: Don't say your mum is 'best in the world' - and keep your Mother's Day tributes off social media
- Desperate fundraising appeal after little girl's headaches due to 'too much chocolate' turn out to be inoperable brain tumour
- 'True hero': Family, colleagues and Charlton fans mourn Addicks supporter and former Bromley PC killed in terror attack
- Family of PC Keith Palmer killed in Westminster terror attack pay tribute to 'wonderful dad and husband'
- Khalid Masood named as London terror attacker