Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Sidcup 100th birthday celebration for former reporter
A former reporter has celebrated her 100th birthday with a big bash for family and friends at her Sidcup care home.
Zana Crocker welcomed more than 50 well-wishers to Frognal House for her special day.
The great-grandmother-of-six was born in Brighton and started work on a cycling journal as an apprentice on 60p a week at the age of just 14.
Her daughter Christina Ogilvie, 63, said: "Her advice is all things in moderation and always look forward, don’t look back.
"There is no elixir but I would like to say longevity is in the genes."
Mrs Crocker's favourite singer James Comack entertained partygoers for her celebration on March 11.
The birthday girl said: "I was very excited to receive my telegram from the Queen.
"I want to thank everyone for spending the day with me – I had a fabulous afternoon and a truly special day."
- VIDEO: Lightning bolt rips through Welling house leaving family homeless
- Woolwich buildings reopened after 'suspect package' declared safe
- UPDATE: Man, 21, hit by car in Catford was 'arguing with his girlfriend' just before accident
- Angry parents protest against Gravesend headteacher, while 25 teachers leave school
- Train delays due to man 'laying on the track' at Anerley
Comments are closed on this article.