Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Sidcup 100th birthday celebration for former reporter
A former reporter has celebrated her 100th birthday with a big bash for family and friends at her Sidcup care home.
Zana Crocker welcomed more than 50 well-wishers to Frognal House for her special day.
The great-grandmother-of-six was born in Brighton and started work on a cycling journal as an apprentice on 60p a week at the age of just 14.
Her daughter Christina Ogilvie, 63, said: "Her advice is all things in moderation and always look forward, don’t look back.
"There is no elixir but I would like to say longevity is in the genes."
Mrs Crocker's favourite singer James Comack entertained partygoers for her celebration on March 11.
The birthday girl said: "I was very excited to receive my telegram from the Queen.
"I want to thank everyone for spending the day with me – I had a fabulous afternoon and a truly special day."
- Pet of the Day: Age is no concern for Bilari
- Lewisham memorial vandalised days before war anniversary
- Promoted Article: Join the World's Biggest Coffee Morning with Macmillan
- Could the Bakerloo line finally be coming to Lewisham and Bromley boroughs?
- Bromley Council ordered to pay £64k compensation after tribunal
Comments are closed on this article.