A top Paralympic swimmer joined the guests at Charlton Lido's official relaunch last Friday (March 28).
Susie Rodgers, a triple bronze medallist from London 2012 who has benefited from Greenwich Starting Blocks funding, appeared at the Charlton Lido and Lifestyle Club reception.
Managing director of GLL, which runs the venue, Mark Sesnan said: "There has been an investment of over £4m from GLL and £1m from our funding partners and we thank each of them for their support.
"The lido provides south east London with a new Olympic-sized 50m pool that is heated and open air.
"The lifestyle club offers a range of innovative features and activities that take health and fitness to a new level.
"There is also a superb new cafeteria with terraces overlooking the pools and the park.
"This will be a great community facility whatever the weather."
For more information, visit better.org.uk/leisure/charlton-lido
- WARNING: New phone scam leaves victims stung with hefty bills
- UPDATE: Boyfriend admits killing EastEnders actress Sian Blake and two children in Erith
- Appeal to find owners of sunken treasure found by police divers in Plumstead
- Meet the elderly woman responsible for those stunning carvings in Barnehurst woods
- Two men knifed in separate stabbings across Lewisham