A top Paralympic swimmer joined the guests at Charlton Lido's official relaunch last Friday (March 28).
Susie Rodgers, a triple bronze medallist from London 2012 who has benefited from Greenwich Starting Blocks funding, appeared at the Charlton Lido and Lifestyle Club reception.
Managing director of GLL, which runs the venue, Mark Sesnan said: "There has been an investment of over £4m from GLL and £1m from our funding partners and we thank each of them for their support.
"The lido provides south east London with a new Olympic-sized 50m pool that is heated and open air.
"The lifestyle club offers a range of innovative features and activities that take health and fitness to a new level.
"There is also a superb new cafeteria with terraces overlooking the pools and the park.
"This will be a great community facility whatever the weather."
For more information, visit better.org.uk/leisure/charlton-lido
- Snow and ice chaos this weekend? Just don't shoot the messenger...
- UPDATE: Met Office warn drivers to expect icy conditions over the weekend
- Woolwich's mystery blue fox has been put to sleep by the RSPCA
- Three drivers asked to come forward after motorcyclist's death from Loampit Vale, Lewisham, crash
- Donors raise £5,500 in TWO DAYS to help Belvedere mum, 28, with cancer make last memories with daughters