Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Top Paralympic swimmer Susie Rodgers at Charlton Lido's official relaunch
Top Paralympic swimmer Susie Rodgers at Charlton Lido's relaunch, pictured middle with L-R Managing director of GLL Mark Sezans, David Golton of London Marathon Charitable trust, Cllr Peter Kotz and Cllr Jim Gillman.
A top Paralympic swimmer joined the guests at Charlton Lido's official relaunch last Friday (March 28).
Susie Rodgers, a triple bronze medallist from London 2012 who has benefited from Greenwich Starting Blocks funding, appeared at the Charlton Lido and Lifestyle Club reception.
Managing director of GLL, which runs the venue, Mark Sesnan said: "There has been an investment of over £4m from GLL and £1m from our funding partners and we thank each of them for their support.
"The lido provides south east London with a new Olympic-sized 50m pool that is heated and open air.
"The lifestyle club offers a range of innovative features and activities that take health and fitness to a new level.
"There is also a superb new cafeteria with terraces overlooking the pools and the park.
"This will be a great community facility whatever the weather."
For more information, visit better.org.uk/leisure/charlton-lido
- UPDATE: 'Crowd took photos and abused me as I saved Catford crash victim's life'
- Series of incidents in Sevenoaks Way area end in serious assault on 15-year-old boy
- VIDEO UPDATE: Dartford strongman Terry Hollands' Herculean stunt for Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson film
- Launch for Charlton community council campaign
- Orpington man: 'Every time there is continuous rainfall I fear my house will flood'
Comments are closed on this article.