Volunteer Police Cadet (VPC) members from Bromley were given a surprise award last week for their work around the borough.
The 13-18 year-olds had been assisting dignitaries manage the car park at a prestigious awards ceremony on Thursday night.
But they found themselves unexpectedly honoured by Bromley Trading Standards for their part in test purchasing operations, as well as other community initiatives in their communities.
PC Neill Tully, from Bromley police, said: “This was a totally unexpected award for our young cadets.
“I would like to add my congratulations to the unit for this award, which is testament to their hard work throughout the year”.
- Stat Chat: Top 10 boring areas of life that make us feel most fed-up
- Pet of the Day: Elvis is much more than just a hound dog
- The big bang: The wonderful ways Kent reacted
- Belvedere community comes together for celebration of black history month
- Bromley burglar jailed for two years after crime spree