Volunteer Police Cadet (VPC) members from Bromley were given a surprise award last week for their work around the borough.
The 13-18 year-olds had been assisting dignitaries manage the car park at a prestigious awards ceremony on Thursday night.
But they found themselves unexpectedly honoured by Bromley Trading Standards for their part in test purchasing operations, as well as other community initiatives in their communities.
PC Neill Tully, from Bromley police, said: “This was a totally unexpected award for our young cadets.
“I would like to add my congratulations to the unit for this award, which is testament to their hard work throughout the year”.
- Can you help? Missing 15-year-old boy may be in Swanley
- Lidl recalls tins of herring because label fails to warn it contains fish
- WEATHER: Forecasters predict bank holiday washout but mini-HEATWAVE on its way
- Man convicted of crash which killed Eltham football coach in US, reports say
- Road in Greenwich named in London's top 20 pollution hotspots