Volunteer Police Cadet (VPC) members from Bromley were given a surprise award last week for their work around the borough.
The 13-18 year-olds had been assisting dignitaries manage the car park at a prestigious awards ceremony on Thursday night.
But they found themselves unexpectedly honoured by Bromley Trading Standards for their part in test purchasing operations, as well as other community initiatives in their communities.
PC Neill Tully, from Bromley police, said: “This was a totally unexpected award for our young cadets.
“I would like to add my congratulations to the unit for this award, which is testament to their hard work throughout the year”.
- APPEAL: Man missing from Orpington
- Bus driver describes finding man who wasn’t breathing in Bexleyheath and trying to get help
- ‘I don’t want to draw my curtains’: Anger after huge phone mast goes up due to council mistake
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths
- Sudden death of ‘true gentleman’ could lead to heart screenings for Erith students