Volunteer Police Cadet (VPC) members from Bromley were given a surprise award last week for their work around the borough.
The 13-18 year-olds had been assisting dignitaries manage the car park at a prestigious awards ceremony on Thursday night.
But they found themselves unexpectedly honoured by Bromley Trading Standards for their part in test purchasing operations, as well as other community initiatives in their communities.
PC Neill Tully, from Bromley police, said: “This was a totally unexpected award for our young cadets.
“I would like to add my congratulations to the unit for this award, which is testament to their hard work throughout the year”.
- VIDEO: CCTV of man stabbing Penge bus driver in eye
- Plans for Ebbsfleet Garden City 'on track'
- Gruesome Twosome headline Lewisham Police Wanted Wednesday
- Time's up for Greenwich Council 'propaganda rag'
- It’s real says man who took THAT woodpecker and weasel picture – do you have an image to rival it?