DEPTFORD based retro rockers The Fruitful Earth’s second album is ripe for release.
Following on from their 2011 self-titled debut, Rising Sun will be released on April 28 and was recorded in Albury Court Studios in Deptford.
Goldsmiths graduate Sarah Blair leads the band with her endearing songwriting and piano chops which recall classic 60s and 70s rock like Elton John.
Sarah has collaborated with Andrew J Jones, whose production CV includes fellow south east Londoners Squeeze.
The band will play The Pelton Arms in Greenwich on June 6.
- Madonna will fly back into Greenwich in December - but let's hope the cape stays at home
- The Strokes to headline British Summer Time at Hyde Park
- VIDEO: The fall that broke the internet: Madonna takes a tumble off stage at Brit Awards 2015
- Ultimate playlist: Are these the best 40 songs to get you through the working day?
- Rockers Supertramp to reunite in Greenwich