Bexley deputy mayor's pub investigated for licence breach after male strippers perform at fundraiser

The pub, owned by deputy mayor Mrs Lucia-Hennis, is not allowed to have any entertainment consisiting of 'semi or full nudity' under its current licencing conditions and Bexley Council has confirmed it is investigating.

The Adonis Caberet Show, which describe themselves as "The UK’s original, largest and longest running Male Strip Show" were booked as the entertainment for the event which took place at The Charlotte pub in Station Road, Crayford.

Stefano Borello, Labour councillor for North End in Slade Green who is also on Bexley's licencing committee, told News Shopper: "I'm sure all councillors will be troubled by these alleged breaches of the licensing laws by Bexley's Tory deputy mayor, Geral

Deputy mayor's pub investigated for licence breach after male strippers perform at fundraiser

First published in News
Last updated
News Shopper: Photograph of the Author Exclusive by , deputy news editor

A pub owned by Bexley's deputy mayor is being investigated for breaching its licence following a charity male strip show.

The Adonis Cabaret Show, which describes itself as "The UK’s original, largest and longest running Male Strip Show" was booked as entertainment at The Charlotte pub's charity event last month..

The venue in Station Road, Crayford, is owned by deputy mayor Geraldene Lucia-Hennis and is banned from having entertainment consisting of 'semi or full nudity'.

However, News Shopper has received several anonymous letters questioning if male strippers were appropriate for the March 21 event which raised money for charities supported by Bexley Mayor, Councillor Sharon Massey.

Stefano Borella, Labour councillor for North End in Slade Green who is also on Bexley's licensing committee, told News Shopper: "I'm sure all councillors will be troubled by these alleged breaches of the licensing laws by Bexley's Tory deputy mayor, Geraldene Lucia-Hennis.

"The situation needs to be clarified quickly and the police and other agencies need to carry out a full and thorough investigation immediately.

"I work a as chef in a licensed premise and you cannot just break the laws.

"I will be pushing to make sure this matter is investigated properly because this is all potentially bringing the Mayor's office into disrepute, we have all got rules we need to follow. "If you have got strippers at an event you are breaking the law.

"My view is that you don't want people seeing that kind of thing in a pub."

A Bexley Council spokesman said: "The licence permits the sale of alcohol and the provision of recorded music on Fridays until 12:30am on Saturday morning, closing to the public 30 minutes after this.

"Live music and dancing can be provided until midnight.

"There is a further condition on the licence that there shall be no regulated entertainment by way of adult entertainment consisting of semi or full nudity.

"In accordance with our usual practice in such cases, our licensing enforcement officer will visit the premises next week to discuss with the licensee whether there was any breach of that condition."

Coun Lucia-Hennis said: "I am sure the people who went to the event wouldn't agree it was distasteful with the amount of money we raised."

Coun Massey did not respond to News Shopper's requests for a comment.

Comments (47)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

11:32am Tue 1 Apr 14

concerned.erith says...

I didn't think this was appropriate for a mayors charity when I read about it.Now the deputy mayor has broken the licencing laws.

"I am sure the people who went to the event wouldn't agree it was distasteful with the amount of money we raised"
Regardless of monies raised can we all break the law if we are doing something for charity? NO. Sorry but this is no excuse. Any other pub landlord would be closed down for this.

The pub licence shoudl be suspended then the deputy mayor will be hit where it hurts.
I didn't think this was appropriate for a mayors charity when I read about it.Now the deputy mayor has broken the licencing laws. "I am sure the people who went to the event wouldn't agree it was distasteful with the amount of money we raised" Regardless of monies raised can we all break the law if we are doing something for charity? NO. Sorry but this is no excuse. Any other pub landlord would be closed down for this. The pub licence shoudl be suspended then the deputy mayor will be hit where it hurts. concerned.erith
  • Score: 6

1:50pm Tue 1 Apr 14

Crayman says...

The pub constantly hides behind the fact events held are "for charity" as if that makes it ok. It's about time the council came down hard on the owners who have no control. By not doing so it looks as though there is a conflict of interest with the owners and the council cannot that is being ignored. I hope Mr Borello (who is more visible in Crayford) will do something about it, it'd win my vote....
The pub constantly hides behind the fact events held are "for charity" as if that makes it ok. It's about time the council came down hard on the owners who have no control. By not doing so it looks as though there is a conflict of interest with the owners and the council cannot that is being ignored. I hope Mr Borello (who is more visible in Crayford) will do something about it, it'd win my vote.... Crayman
  • Score: 3

5:49pm Tue 1 Apr 14

Wiff180 says...

Good to see things have been done since this...

http://www.newsshopp
er.co.uk/news/243343
8.family_pub_under_f
ire/
Good to see things have been done since this... http://www.newsshopp er.co.uk/news/243343 8.family_pub_under_f ire/ Wiff180
  • Score: -1

8:38pm Tue 1 Apr 14

paulbexleyheath says...

once again . a member of the local council doing just what they want . one rule for one, one for another.....
once again . a member of the local council doing just what they want . one rule for one, one for another..... paulbexleyheath
  • Score: 2

8:57pm Tue 1 Apr 14

HearTheFacts says...

For this matter to be investigated correctly. It must taken out of Bexley Council's hands, also Bexley police should play no part. The reason of Bexley Police being removed, is they are hand in hand with Bexley Council. As previous matters have proven, that Bexley Police are controlled by Bexley Council.

With an election in May, lets see how this either jumps the Que. Or is delayed until after the local election. Or conveniently forgotten about, or case notes fall into the shredder!.
For this matter to be investigated correctly. It must taken out of Bexley Council's hands, also Bexley police should play no part. The reason of Bexley Police being removed, is they are hand in hand with Bexley Council. As previous matters have proven, that Bexley Police are controlled by Bexley Council. With an election in May, lets see how this either jumps the Que. Or is delayed until after the local election. Or conveniently forgotten about, or case notes fall into the shredder!. HearTheFacts
  • Score: 7

9:34pm Tue 1 Apr 14

Gypo.Joe says...

Is there anything more corrupt than Bexley Council and it flunkies ?
Is there anything more corrupt than Bexley Council and it flunkies ? Gypo.Joe
  • Score: -17

9:45pm Tue 1 Apr 14

Fortitudefit says...

I think it's hilarious that a labour councillor has decided to investigate this fully when the elections are close. Would he be as bothered if he was not a direct rival. Councillors pretend to be upstanding members of the community but in reality they all seem to be petty school children who are out for as much as they can get.
I understand a moral issue with nudity without a licence, but if the cause is just, is it not, sort of, ok?
I think it's hilarious that a labour councillor has decided to investigate this fully when the elections are close. Would he be as bothered if he was not a direct rival. Councillors pretend to be upstanding members of the community but in reality they all seem to be petty school children who are out for as much as they can get. I understand a moral issue with nudity without a licence, but if the cause is just, is it not, sort of, ok? Fortitudefit
  • Score: 4

10:50pm Tue 1 Apr 14

Crayman says...

Fortitudefit wrote:
I think it's hilarious that a labour councillor has decided to investigate this fully when the elections are close. Would he be as bothered if he was not a direct rival. Councillors pretend to be upstanding members of the community but in reality they all seem to be petty school children who are out for as much as they can get.
I understand a moral issue with nudity without a licence, but if the cause is just, is it not, sort of, ok?
I agree it's opportunist for the Labour councillor to take this up, but who else will ? Bexley council won't come down hard on one of their own which is the conflict of interest. The fact the Mayor wouldn't comment says quite a lot too. The deputy mayor should be setting an example, her quote is patronising, condescending and in line with her very loose attitude toward her licence....almost as if she is aware nothing will happen? If that wasn't the case I am sure people wouldn't be contacting the paper to highlight it.
I hope Mr Borella can push this forward. Just because it's for a charity doesn't make it ok to break a legal agreement by her, an elected official.
[quote][p][bold]Fortitudefit[/bold] wrote: I think it's hilarious that a labour councillor has decided to investigate this fully when the elections are close. Would he be as bothered if he was not a direct rival. Councillors pretend to be upstanding members of the community but in reality they all seem to be petty school children who are out for as much as they can get. I understand a moral issue with nudity without a licence, but if the cause is just, is it not, sort of, ok?[/p][/quote]I agree it's opportunist for the Labour councillor to take this up, but who else will ? Bexley council won't come down hard on one of their own which is the conflict of interest. The fact the Mayor wouldn't comment says quite a lot too. The deputy mayor should be setting an example, her quote is patronising, condescending and in line with her very loose attitude toward her licence....almost as if she is aware nothing will happen? If that wasn't the case I am sure people wouldn't be contacting the paper to highlight it. I hope Mr Borella can push this forward. Just because it's for a charity doesn't make it ok to break a legal agreement by her, an elected official. Crayman
  • Score: 6

12:27am Wed 2 Apr 14

Invicta58 says...

Fortitudefit wrote:
I think it's hilarious that a labour councillor has decided to investigate this fully when the elections are close. Would he be as bothered if he was not a direct rival. Councillors pretend to be upstanding members of the community but in reality they all seem to be petty school children who are out for as much as they can get.
I understand a moral issue with nudity without a licence, but if the cause is just, is it not, sort of, ok?
Will be even more hilarious to see Bexley Council and Bexley Police find some way that absolutely no laws were broken. Needs an independent and untainted investigation.
[quote][p][bold]Fortitudefit[/bold] wrote: I think it's hilarious that a labour councillor has decided to investigate this fully when the elections are close. Would he be as bothered if he was not a direct rival. Councillors pretend to be upstanding members of the community but in reality they all seem to be petty school children who are out for as much as they can get. I understand a moral issue with nudity without a licence, but if the cause is just, is it not, sort of, ok?[/p][/quote]Will be even more hilarious to see Bexley Council and Bexley Police find some way that absolutely no laws were broken. Needs an independent and untainted investigation. Invicta58
  • Score: 5

12:34am Wed 2 Apr 14

Invicta58 says...

A very simple question for the deputy mayor/landlady - forget "taste" - was the event legal or not?
A very simple question for the deputy mayor/landlady - forget "taste" - was the event legal or not? Invicta58
  • Score: 2

4:25pm Wed 2 Apr 14

Gypo.Joe says...

Listen just get this through your hat rack, THEY DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS.

Get it ?
Listen just get this through your hat rack, THEY DONT CARE WHAT ANYONE THINKS. Get it ? Gypo.Joe
  • Score: -11

5:44pm Wed 2 Apr 14

myviews2014 says...

All you people bore me! Do you sit on here all day moaning because your own lives are that unimportant you need to get some kind of worth elsewhere, spouting your views!

No one cares and no one wants to listen to people who have issues with something that they have 'heard about' but were not actually involved in!

lets take all the money back from the charities then shall we? Is that the right thing to do?...no, I didn't think so! Get off your high horses and cut some slack for people who are being helpful in this world. Exactly what charity work you do?

It should be if anything a warning for it not to happen again as it was quite obviously a mistake. If it was any other pub owner they would not be harassed about it in this way, actually none of you would care and it certainly would not make the local news!!!

Can any of you say you have never made a mistake?.....No?....
Hypocrites|!
All you people bore me! Do you sit on here all day moaning because your own lives are that unimportant you need to get some kind of worth elsewhere, spouting your views! No one cares and no one wants to listen to people who have issues with something that they have 'heard about' but were not actually involved in! lets take all the money back from the charities then shall we? Is that the right thing to do?...no, I didn't think so! Get off your high horses and cut some slack for people who are being helpful in this world. Exactly what charity work you do? It should be if anything a warning for it not to happen again as it was quite obviously a mistake. If it was any other pub owner they would not be harassed about it in this way, actually none of you would care and it certainly would not make the local news!!! Can any of you say you have never made a mistake?.....No?.... Hypocrites|! myviews2014
  • Score: 0

6:59pm Wed 2 Apr 14

Gypo.Joe says...

myviews2014 and exactly what position would it be you hold on the Council ?

PR ?
myviews2014 and exactly what position would it be you hold on the Council ? PR ? Gypo.Joe
  • Score: -4

9:29pm Wed 2 Apr 14

myviews2014 says...

Gypo.Joe wrote:
myviews2014 and exactly what position would it be you hold on the Council ?

PR ?
Nothing to do with the council thanks no interest whatsoever in politics! It's just a bunch of mindless children trying to point score and make out they have an interest in this country!

So maybe get some facts right first.
[quote][p][bold]Gypo.Joe[/bold] wrote: myviews2014 and exactly what position would it be you hold on the Council ? PR ?[/p][/quote]Nothing to do with the council thanks no interest whatsoever in politics! It's just a bunch of mindless children trying to point score and make out they have an interest in this country! So maybe get some facts right first. myviews2014
  • Score: 5

11:44pm Wed 2 Apr 14

Gypo.Joe says...

"no interest whatsoever in politics"

I rest my case. That's why we have these councilors and politician who don't give a stuff about Joe Blow ( the general public ) The law is the law and no matter if its for charity. No doubt Lucia-Hennis had an earner out of it. She never give beer away on that you can bet your bollix..
"no interest whatsoever in politics" I rest my case. That's why we have these councilors and politician who don't give a stuff about Joe Blow ( the general public ) The law is the law and no matter if its for charity. No doubt Lucia-Hennis had an earner out of it. She never give beer away on that you can bet your bollix.. Gypo.Joe
  • Score: -10

8:20am Thu 3 Apr 14

myviews2014 says...

Gypo.Joe wrote:
"no interest whatsoever in politics"

I rest my case. That's why we have these councilors and politician who don't give a stuff about Joe Blow ( the general public ) The law is the law and no matter if its for charity. No doubt Lucia-Hennis had an earner out of it. She never give beer away on that you can bet your bollix..
Are you really that unintelligent? I just said I am nothing to do with the council so that makes me 'Joe Blow' (think you meant Joe Bloggs but uneducated people obviously wouldn't know that)

and just to set one record straight out of any councillor I know mrs Lucia-Hennis is actually interested in the people and especially people in Crayford and surrounding areas! If you knew how little some of the labour and conservatives cared you would be shocked! They see the average person as nothing!

Then again with people like you around I am beginning to understand why!
[quote][p][bold]Gypo.Joe[/bold] wrote: "no interest whatsoever in politics" I rest my case. That's why we have these councilors and politician who don't give a stuff about Joe Blow ( the general public ) The law is the law and no matter if its for charity. No doubt Lucia-Hennis had an earner out of it. She never give beer away on that you can bet your bollix..[/p][/quote]Are you really that unintelligent? I just said I am nothing to do with the council so that makes me 'Joe Blow' (think you meant Joe Bloggs but uneducated people obviously wouldn't know that) and just to set one record straight out of any councillor I know mrs Lucia-Hennis is actually interested in the people and especially people in Crayford and surrounding areas! If you knew how little some of the labour and conservatives cared you would be shocked! They see the average person as nothing! Then again with people like you around I am beginning to understand why! myviews2014
  • Score: 8

11:33am Thu 3 Apr 14

Gypo.Joe says...

" I know mrs Lucia-Hennis "

Say no more, who would of guessed it.

PS, its Joe Blow from Idaho. Silly of me though to think you knew that as I can see you are a little limited in your thought process.

What's good on tap in the pub ?
" I know mrs Lucia-Hennis " Say no more, who would of guessed it. PS, its Joe Blow from Idaho. Silly of me though to think you knew that as I can see you are a little limited in your thought process. What's good on tap in the pub ? Gypo.Joe
  • Score: -11

11:51am Thu 3 Apr 14

Gypo.Joe says...

Another thought, what beer was Lucia-Hennis giving away at this charity event ?

This woman is a phoney, all fur coat and no knickers as my old Mum would say.
Another thought, what beer was Lucia-Hennis giving away at this charity event ? This woman is a phoney, all fur coat and no knickers as my old Mum would say. Gypo.Joe
  • Score: -8

12:41pm Thu 3 Apr 14

myviews2014 says...

Gypo.Joe wrote:
" I know mrs Lucia-Hennis "

Say no more, who would of guessed it.

PS, its Joe Blow from Idaho. Silly of me though to think you knew that as I can see you are a little limited in your thought process.

What's good on tap in the pub ?
You can pull out anything from what people say and make it something different. What I actually said was 'I know mrs Lucia-Hennis is actually interested in the people...'

Again showing your low level of intelligence...

You are talking about class and yet you are on here slagging off someone you do not know and probably will never come in contact with. Keep hiding behind your computer.
[quote][p][bold]Gypo.Joe[/bold] wrote: " I know mrs Lucia-Hennis " Say no more, who would of guessed it. PS, its Joe Blow from Idaho. Silly of me though to think you knew that as I can see you are a little limited in your thought process. What's good on tap in the pub ?[/p][/quote]You can pull out anything from what people say and make it something different. What I actually said was 'I know mrs Lucia-Hennis is actually interested in the people...' Again showing your low level of intelligence... You are talking about class and yet you are on here slagging off someone you do not know and probably will never come in contact with. Keep hiding behind your computer. myviews2014
  • Score: 3

12:48pm Thu 3 Apr 14

Sound Man says...

So the so called deputy mayor who is also a landlady doesn't know about licensing?? Did she think she didn't need one given her status? If she can't toe the line like the rest of the establishments then she should be removed from her role. Given her history for "anger management" maybe no one dared to question her...
So the so called deputy mayor who is also a landlady doesn't know about licensing?? Did she think she didn't need one given her status? If she can't toe the line like the rest of the establishments then she should be removed from her role. Given her history for "anger management" maybe no one dared to question her... Sound Man
  • Score: 5

12:57pm Thu 3 Apr 14

myviews2014 says...

Sound Man wrote:
So the so called deputy mayor who is also a landlady doesn't know about licensing?? Did she think she didn't need one given her status? If she can't toe the line like the rest of the establishments then she should be removed from her role. Given her history for "anger management" maybe no one dared to question her...
She isn't actually a licensee! She is the landlady! Completely different so maybe again get your facts right...

You people are mind numbing! You can't have an opinion on something you know nothing about! Just keep your twisted and slanderous views to yourself.
[quote][p][bold]Sound Man[/bold] wrote: So the so called deputy mayor who is also a landlady doesn't know about licensing?? Did she think she didn't need one given her status? If she can't toe the line like the rest of the establishments then she should be removed from her role. Given her history for "anger management" maybe no one dared to question her...[/p][/quote]She isn't actually a licensee! She is the landlady! Completely different so maybe again get your facts right... You people are mind numbing! You can't have an opinion on something you know nothing about! Just keep your twisted and slanderous views to yourself. myviews2014
  • Score: 3

12:58pm Thu 3 Apr 14

Sound Man says...

myviews2014 wrote:
Gypo.Joe wrote:
myviews2014 and exactly what position would it be you hold on the Council ?

PR ?
Nothing to do with the council thanks no interest whatsoever in politics! It's just a bunch of mindless children trying to point score and make out they have an interest in this country!

So maybe get some facts right first.
The facts go back to 2008 http://www.newsshopp

er.co.uk/news/243343

8.family_pub_under_f

ire/

How many more "mistakes" can be made?
[quote][p][bold]myviews2014[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gypo.Joe[/bold] wrote: myviews2014 and exactly what position would it be you hold on the Council ? PR ?[/p][/quote]Nothing to do with the council thanks no interest whatsoever in politics! It's just a bunch of mindless children trying to point score and make out they have an interest in this country! So maybe get some facts right first.[/p][/quote]The facts go back to 2008 http://www.newsshopp er.co.uk/news/243343 8.family_pub_under_f ire/ How many more "mistakes" can be made? Sound Man
  • Score: 5

1:06pm Thu 3 Apr 14

Sound Man says...

myviews2014 wrote:
Sound Man wrote:
So the so called deputy mayor who is also a landlady doesn't know about licensing?? Did she think she didn't need one given her status? If she can't toe the line like the rest of the establishments then she should be removed from her role. Given her history for "anger management" maybe no one dared to question her...
She isn't actually a licensee! She is the landlady! Completely different so maybe again get your facts right...

You people are mind numbing! You can't have an opinion on something you know nothing about! Just keep your twisted and slanderous views to yourself.
Licensee or landlady the "fact" is she is in a high status role within the council and she has been a landlady for many years so on both counts she should know better.

I run a business but still know exactly whats going on or being planned, to hide behind the excuse of a "mistake" simply doesn't wash.

In regards to my views being "slanderous and twisted" well I would read some of the other posts before attacking my "facts" If the deputy mayor doesn't want negative comments tell her to toe the line like the rest of us.
[quote][p][bold]myviews2014[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sound Man[/bold] wrote: So the so called deputy mayor who is also a landlady doesn't know about licensing?? Did she think she didn't need one given her status? If she can't toe the line like the rest of the establishments then she should be removed from her role. Given her history for "anger management" maybe no one dared to question her...[/p][/quote]She isn't actually a licensee! She is the landlady! Completely different so maybe again get your facts right... You people are mind numbing! You can't have an opinion on something you know nothing about! Just keep your twisted and slanderous views to yourself.[/p][/quote]Licensee or landlady the "fact" is she is in a high status role within the council and she has been a landlady for many years so on both counts she should know better. I run a business but still know exactly whats going on or being planned, to hide behind the excuse of a "mistake" simply doesn't wash. In regards to my views being "slanderous and twisted" well I would read some of the other posts before attacking my "facts" If the deputy mayor doesn't want negative comments tell her to toe the line like the rest of us. Sound Man
  • Score: 5

1:37pm Thu 3 Apr 14

Crayman says...

Will the mayor be returning the money raised then? Or giving us a quote on her view? Or is she saving it for the investigation?

To acknowledge her "mistake" maybe GLH could offer to cover the cost for her boss as it was mistake after all....
Will the mayor be returning the money raised then? Or giving us a quote on her view? Or is she saving it for the investigation? To acknowledge her "mistake" maybe GLH could offer to cover the cost for her boss as it was mistake after all.... Crayman
  • Score: 4

2:06pm Thu 3 Apr 14

ความจริง says...

Bexley Councillors = Money grabbing low-lifes only out for themselves.
Bexley Councillors = Money grabbing low-lifes only out for themselves. ความจริง
  • Score: 8

2:52pm Thu 3 Apr 14

Gypo.Joe says...

myviews2014 wrote:
Gypo.Joe wrote:
" I know mrs Lucia-Hennis "

Say no more, who would of guessed it.

PS, its Joe Blow from Idaho. Silly of me though to think you knew that as I can see you are a little limited in your thought process.

What's good on tap in the pub ?
You can pull out anything from what people say and make it something different. What I actually said was 'I know mrs Lucia-Hennis is actually interested in the people...'

Again showing your low level of intelligence...

You are talking about class and yet you are on here slagging off someone you do not know and probably will never come in contact with. Keep hiding behind your computer.
How do you know who I know pray tell ? I'm hiding behind a computer, so what exactly are you doing ?

Brown nosing Lucia-Hennis just to get a free beer or what myviews2014 ?
[quote][p][bold]myviews2014[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gypo.Joe[/bold] wrote: " I know mrs Lucia-Hennis " Say no more, who would of guessed it. PS, its Joe Blow from Idaho. Silly of me though to think you knew that as I can see you are a little limited in your thought process. What's good on tap in the pub ?[/p][/quote]You can pull out anything from what people say and make it something different. What I actually said was 'I know mrs Lucia-Hennis is actually interested in the people...' Again showing your low level of intelligence... You are talking about class and yet you are on here slagging off someone you do not know and probably will never come in contact with. Keep hiding behind your computer.[/p][/quote]How do you know who I know pray tell ? I'm hiding behind a computer, so what exactly are you doing ? Brown nosing Lucia-Hennis just to get a free beer or what myviews2014 ? Gypo.Joe
  • Score: -8

3:20pm Thu 3 Apr 14

Sound Man says...

The other "fact"

http://www.newsshopp
er.co.uk/news/833213
4.CRAYFORD__Councill
or_sent_for_anger_ma
nagement_session_aft
er_complaint_from_re
sident/
The other "fact" http://www.newsshopp er.co.uk/news/833213 4.CRAYFORD__Councill or_sent_for_anger_ma nagement_session_aft er_complaint_from_re sident/ Sound Man
  • Score: 2

3:23pm Thu 3 Apr 14

myviews2014 says...

Gypo.Joe wrote:
myviews2014 wrote:
Gypo.Joe wrote:
" I know mrs Lucia-Hennis "

Say no more, who would of guessed it.

PS, its Joe Blow from Idaho. Silly of me though to think you knew that as I can see you are a little limited in your thought process.

What's good on tap in the pub ?
You can pull out anything from what people say and make it something different. What I actually said was 'I know mrs Lucia-Hennis is actually interested in the people...'

Again showing your low level of intelligence...

You are talking about class and yet you are on here slagging off someone you do not know and probably will never come in contact with. Keep hiding behind your computer.
How do you know who I know pray tell ? I'm hiding behind a computer, so what exactly are you doing ?

Brown nosing Lucia-Hennis just to get a free beer or what myviews2014 ?
I don't drink so I have no false agendas!

I just know the situation and what happened so I can have an opinion taking into account all the factors. I'm sure they will get a warning as this particular issue has never happened before and will never happen again clearly.

I'm done with this I only signed up to bring all these hypocrites down and peg or 2! I have a life to be getting on with.
[quote][p][bold]Gypo.Joe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]myviews2014[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gypo.Joe[/bold] wrote: " I know mrs Lucia-Hennis " Say no more, who would of guessed it. PS, its Joe Blow from Idaho. Silly of me though to think you knew that as I can see you are a little limited in your thought process. What's good on tap in the pub ?[/p][/quote]You can pull out anything from what people say and make it something different. What I actually said was 'I know mrs Lucia-Hennis is actually interested in the people...' Again showing your low level of intelligence... You are talking about class and yet you are on here slagging off someone you do not know and probably will never come in contact with. Keep hiding behind your computer.[/p][/quote]How do you know who I know pray tell ? I'm hiding behind a computer, so what exactly are you doing ? Brown nosing Lucia-Hennis just to get a free beer or what myviews2014 ?[/p][/quote]I don't drink so I have no false agendas! I just know the situation and what happened so I can have an opinion taking into account all the factors. I'm sure they will get a warning as this particular issue has never happened before and will never happen again clearly. I'm done with this I only signed up to bring all these hypocrites down and peg or 2! I have a life to be getting on with. myviews2014
  • Score: 7

3:52pm Thu 3 Apr 14

Crayman says...

"I'm sure they will get a warning as this particular issue has never happened before and will never happen again clearly"

If that is the outcome it shows how corrupt the council is. Unfortunately for her it isn't the first time she's crossed the line. As the other posters have pointed out with link to older stories.
"I'm sure they will get a warning as this particular issue has never happened before and will never happen again clearly" If that is the outcome it shows how corrupt the council is. Unfortunately for her it isn't the first time she's crossed the line. As the other posters have pointed out with link to older stories. Crayman
  • Score: 5

5:02pm Thu 3 Apr 14

Gypo.Joe says...

myviews2014 wrote:
Gypo.Joe wrote:
myviews2014 wrote:
Gypo.Joe wrote:
" I know mrs Lucia-Hennis "

Say no more, who would of guessed it.

PS, its Joe Blow from Idaho. Silly of me though to think you knew that as I can see you are a little limited in your thought process.

What's good on tap in the pub ?
You can pull out anything from what people say and make it something different. What I actually said was 'I know mrs Lucia-Hennis is actually interested in the people...'

Again showing your low level of intelligence...

You are talking about class and yet you are on here slagging off someone you do not know and probably will never come in contact with. Keep hiding behind your computer.
How do you know who I know pray tell ? I'm hiding behind a computer, so what exactly are you doing ?

Brown nosing Lucia-Hennis just to get a free beer or what myviews2014 ?
I don't drink so I have no false agendas!

I just know the situation and what happened so I can have an opinion taking into account all the factors. I'm sure they will get a warning as this particular issue has never happened before and will never happen again clearly.

I'm done with this I only signed up to bring all these hypocrites down and peg or 2! I have a life to be getting on with.
Oh you're done are you, bought all us hypocrites down a peg or two did you. I would say the reverse actually, me and others have shown you up for the idiot with a hidden agenda that you are.

Now take your tongue out of Lucia-Hennis arse hole only dogs do that, now run along.
[quote][p][bold]myviews2014[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gypo.Joe[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]myviews2014[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Gypo.Joe[/bold] wrote: " I know mrs Lucia-Hennis " Say no more, who would of guessed it. PS, its Joe Blow from Idaho. Silly of me though to think you knew that as I can see you are a little limited in your thought process. What's good on tap in the pub ?[/p][/quote]You can pull out anything from what people say and make it something different. What I actually said was 'I know mrs Lucia-Hennis is actually interested in the people...' Again showing your low level of intelligence... You are talking about class and yet you are on here slagging off someone you do not know and probably will never come in contact with. Keep hiding behind your computer.[/p][/quote]How do you know who I know pray tell ? I'm hiding behind a computer, so what exactly are you doing ? Brown nosing Lucia-Hennis just to get a free beer or what myviews2014 ?[/p][/quote]I don't drink so I have no false agendas! I just know the situation and what happened so I can have an opinion taking into account all the factors. I'm sure they will get a warning as this particular issue has never happened before and will never happen again clearly. I'm done with this I only signed up to bring all these hypocrites down and peg or 2! I have a life to be getting on with.[/p][/quote]Oh you're done are you, bought all us hypocrites down a peg or two did you. I would say the reverse actually, me and others have shown you up for the idiot with a hidden agenda that you are. Now take your tongue out of Lucia-Hennis arse hole only dogs do that, now run along. Gypo.Joe
  • Score: -10

7:32pm Thu 3 Apr 14

HearTheFacts says...

myviews2014, well lot a load of nonsense.

The point of being a deputy mayor, and a councillor come with responsibility's. Also a person that sets policy, within the council.

A mistake maybe, however would she along with others councillors. Agree to a parking ticket being cancelled?. Should a motorist make a mistake?.

If this incident had occurred in another pub, what action would the deputy mayor think should happen?.

Charity or not make no difference, so if I pay my road tax to a charity. Thats acceptable?.

You appear to be close to her, I would suggest a family member by your comments?. Am I correct?.
myviews2014, well lot a load of nonsense. The point of being a deputy mayor, and a councillor come with responsibility's. Also a person that sets policy, within the council. A mistake maybe, however would she along with others councillors. Agree to a parking ticket being cancelled?. Should a motorist make a mistake?. If this incident had occurred in another pub, what action would the deputy mayor think should happen?. Charity or not make no difference, so if I pay my road tax to a charity. Thats acceptable?. You appear to be close to her, I would suggest a family member by your comments?. Am I correct?. HearTheFacts
  • Score: 3

8:51pm Thu 3 Apr 14

Gypo.Joe says...

"You appear to be close to her, I would suggest a family member by your comments?. Am I correct?."


Of course.
"You appear to be close to her, I would suggest a family member by your comments?. Am I correct?." Of course. Gypo.Joe
  • Score: -9

8:55am Fri 4 Apr 14

HearTheFacts says...

Gypo.Joe wrote:
"You appear to be close to her, I would suggest a family member by your comments?. Am I correct?."


Of course.
Knowing the family, and the way of the comments. I know who it is, but its not for me to name who.

It's a very silly thing to do, to comment on one own's. More so when that person is wrong. Or as stated a mistake, by myviews2014 its better to say nothing. Maybe myviews2014, has learnt a lesson here as I'm sure the deputy mayor has or will.
[quote][p][bold]Gypo.Joe[/bold] wrote: "You appear to be close to her, I would suggest a family member by your comments?. Am I correct?." Of course.[/p][/quote]Knowing the family, and the way of the comments. I know who it is, but its not for me to name who. It's a very silly thing to do, to comment on one own's. More so when that person is wrong. Or as stated a mistake, by myviews2014 its better to say nothing. Maybe myviews2014, has learnt a lesson here as I'm sure the deputy mayor has or will. HearTheFacts
  • Score: 2

9:42am Fri 4 Apr 14

PaulErith says...

It was an event that raised money for charity. What's the big deal? People need to loosen up a bit. Very sad to complain about this.
It was an event that raised money for charity. What's the big deal? People need to loosen up a bit. Very sad to complain about this. PaulErith
  • Score: -1

10:17am Fri 4 Apr 14

Invicta58 says...

myviews2014 wrote:
Sound Man wrote:
So the so called deputy mayor who is also a landlady doesn't know about licensing?? Did she think she didn't need one given her status? If she can't toe the line like the rest of the establishments then she should be removed from her role. Given her history for "anger management" maybe no one dared to question her...
She isn't actually a licensee! She is the landlady! Completely different so maybe again get your facts right...

You people are mind numbing! You can't have an opinion on something you know nothing about! Just keep your twisted and slanderous views to yourself.
Sound Man never claimed she was the licensee – as her spokesman you have revealed the inside knowledge that she is only the landlady not the licensee. Completely irrelevant because in any case she should be the Designated Premises Supervisor and be aware what is allowed under the pub’s licence. As DPS she carries the can for what she allows to go on at the premises. She either knows what‘s in the license and chose to deliberately breach it, or appears to be a DPS completely ignorant of the license she is operating under. Not a great position to be in and there is no other scenario. “Doing it for charity” is not a valid reason to breach a license however good the cause appears to be. A competent DPS would never make a “mistake” of allowing strippers in a pub which is what you are attempting to paint this event as. I don’t think a mere warning not to do it again is appropriate.

“You can’t have an opinion” and “Keep your views to yourself” appear to be standard Bexley Council responses to any criticism. Just sweep everything under the carpet and never ask questions. I would guess you have connections either to the Council or the people involved?

And just for the record nobody has verbally said anything slanderous. If in writing it might be considered libellous. None of the comments above come anywhere close to that.
[quote][p][bold]myviews2014[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Sound Man[/bold] wrote: So the so called deputy mayor who is also a landlady doesn't know about licensing?? Did she think she didn't need one given her status? If she can't toe the line like the rest of the establishments then she should be removed from her role. Given her history for "anger management" maybe no one dared to question her...[/p][/quote]She isn't actually a licensee! She is the landlady! Completely different so maybe again get your facts right... You people are mind numbing! You can't have an opinion on something you know nothing about! Just keep your twisted and slanderous views to yourself.[/p][/quote]Sound Man never claimed she was the licensee – as her spokesman you have revealed the inside knowledge that she is only the landlady not the licensee. Completely irrelevant because in any case she should be the Designated Premises Supervisor and be aware what is allowed under the pub’s licence. As DPS she carries the can for what she allows to go on at the premises. She either knows what‘s in the license and chose to deliberately breach it, or appears to be a DPS completely ignorant of the license she is operating under. Not a great position to be in and there is no other scenario. “Doing it for charity” is not a valid reason to breach a license however good the cause appears to be. A competent DPS would never make a “mistake” of allowing strippers in a pub which is what you are attempting to paint this event as. I don’t think a mere warning not to do it again is appropriate. “You can’t have an opinion” and “Keep your views to yourself” appear to be standard Bexley Council responses to any criticism. Just sweep everything under the carpet and never ask questions. I would guess you have connections either to the Council or the people involved? And just for the record nobody has verbally said anything slanderous. If in writing it might be considered libellous. None of the comments above come anywhere close to that. Invicta58
  • Score: 2

10:24am Fri 4 Apr 14

Invicta58 says...

myviews2014 wrote:
All you people bore me! Do you sit on here all day moaning because your own lives are that unimportant you need to get some kind of worth elsewhere, spouting your views!

No one cares and no one wants to listen to people who have issues with something that they have 'heard about' but were not actually involved in!

lets take all the money back from the charities then shall we? Is that the right thing to do?...no, I didn't think so! Get off your high horses and cut some slack for people who are being helpful in this world. Exactly what charity work you do?

It should be if anything a warning for it not to happen again as it was quite obviously a mistake. If it was any other pub owner they would not be harassed about it in this way, actually none of you would care and it certainly would not make the local news!!!

Can any of you say you have never made a mistake?.....No?....

Hypocrites|!
Wrong. I care, as do others, so dont hector us that us no one cares.

Who said anything about taking the money back from charities?

Why is my charity work relevant to this story?

Other pub owners have had more than a warning for illegal strip nights.

I've never made the "mistake" of allowing strippers in my pub so stick to the facts of this event. Because we may have make other mistakes in your little world that makes this all OK? The sort of argument used in the Playground.
[quote][p][bold]myviews2014[/bold] wrote: All you people bore me! Do you sit on here all day moaning because your own lives are that unimportant you need to get some kind of worth elsewhere, spouting your views! No one cares and no one wants to listen to people who have issues with something that they have 'heard about' but were not actually involved in! lets take all the money back from the charities then shall we? Is that the right thing to do?...no, I didn't think so! Get off your high horses and cut some slack for people who are being helpful in this world. Exactly what charity work you do? It should be if anything a warning for it not to happen again as it was quite obviously a mistake. If it was any other pub owner they would not be harassed about it in this way, actually none of you would care and it certainly would not make the local news!!! Can any of you say you have never made a mistake?.....No?.... Hypocrites|![/p][/quote]Wrong. I care, as do others, so dont hector us that us no one cares. Who said anything about taking the money back from charities? Why is my charity work relevant to this story? Other pub owners have had more than a warning for illegal strip nights. I've never made the "mistake" of allowing strippers in my pub so stick to the facts of this event. Because we may have make other mistakes in your little world that makes this all OK? The sort of argument used in the Playground. Invicta58
  • Score: 2

10:28am Fri 4 Apr 14

Sound Man says...

Yes it's was for charity that's not the issue. The issue is that she held an event that she is not licensed for, any oner landlord / licensee would not get away with it so why should she? It's not the first time after all. This woman has been in the press many times for for various things i.e. anger issue, licensing issues, suspicious involvement with planning application and has been previously banned from attending local meetings. Add to this her husband who is her consort has a record for GBH, not really the type of person who should hold such a position.
Yes it's was for charity that's not the issue. The issue is that she held an event that she is not licensed for, any oner landlord / licensee would not get away with it so why should she? It's not the first time after all. This woman has been in the press many times for for various things i.e. anger issue, licensing issues, suspicious involvement with planning application and has been previously banned from attending local meetings. Add to this her husband who is her consort has a record for GBH, not really the type of person who should hold such a position. Sound Man
  • Score: 0

10:30am Fri 4 Apr 14

HearTheFacts says...

PaulErith wrote:
It was an event that raised money for charity. What's the big deal? People need to loosen up a bit. Very sad to complain about this.
So because its for charity its ok!. So this excuse can be used to commit crime!.

Now let's see if I went to the Charlotte, or any shop and did not pay. It's for charity thats ok, thats the same.

The matter is not about charity, its about the alleged breach of licence. To which those involved with the Charlotte, should have known. Which licences its holds, thats the point.

Also the mayors office, along with Bexley Council legal department. Must and should have cleared this event.
[quote][p][bold]PaulErith[/bold] wrote: It was an event that raised money for charity. What's the big deal? People need to loosen up a bit. Very sad to complain about this.[/p][/quote]So because its for charity its ok!. So this excuse can be used to commit crime!. Now let's see if I went to the Charlotte, or any shop and did not pay. It's for charity thats ok, thats the same. The matter is not about charity, its about the alleged breach of licence. To which those involved with the Charlotte, should have known. Which licences its holds, thats the point. Also the mayors office, along with Bexley Council legal department. Must and should have cleared this event. HearTheFacts
  • Score: 1

11:53am Fri 4 Apr 14

Gypo.Joe says...

We do hold our 'politicians' etc to a higher standard. Unfortunately we forget we are dealing with Bexley Council and its sycophants so we should lower that expectation, much much lower in fact.
We do hold our 'politicians' etc to a higher standard. Unfortunately we forget we are dealing with Bexley Council and its sycophants so we should lower that expectation, much much lower in fact. Gypo.Joe
  • Score: -13

12:41pm Fri 4 Apr 14

PaulErith says...

HearTheFacts wrote:
PaulErith wrote:
It was an event that raised money for charity. What's the big deal? People need to loosen up a bit. Very sad to complain about this.
So because its for charity its ok!. So this excuse can be used to commit crime!.

Now let's see if I went to the Charlotte, or any shop and did not pay. It's for charity thats ok, thats the same.

The matter is not about charity, its about the alleged breach of licence. To which those involved with the Charlotte, should have known. Which licences its holds, thats the point.

Also the mayors office, along with Bexley Council legal department. Must and should have cleared this event.
No obviously you can't do anything in the name of charity. However, I know other pubs that have done similar things and to be honest I wouldn't even have thought that they'd particularly need a licence for it. For example, a pub got some people to do "The Full Monty" for charity. People knew when it was happening so if they're that prudish, they could stay away from the boozer. It would have been extremely sad if anyone had complained about it.
[quote][p][bold]HearTheFacts[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]PaulErith[/bold] wrote: It was an event that raised money for charity. What's the big deal? People need to loosen up a bit. Very sad to complain about this.[/p][/quote]So because its for charity its ok!. So this excuse can be used to commit crime!. Now let's see if I went to the Charlotte, or any shop and did not pay. It's for charity thats ok, thats the same. The matter is not about charity, its about the alleged breach of licence. To which those involved with the Charlotte, should have known. Which licences its holds, thats the point. Also the mayors office, along with Bexley Council legal department. Must and should have cleared this event.[/p][/quote]No obviously you can't do anything in the name of charity. However, I know other pubs that have done similar things and to be honest I wouldn't even have thought that they'd particularly need a licence for it. For example, a pub got some people to do "The Full Monty" for charity. People knew when it was happening so if they're that prudish, they could stay away from the boozer. It would have been extremely sad if anyone had complained about it. PaulErith
  • Score: 1

2:01pm Fri 4 Apr 14

HearTheFacts says...

The fact that the Charlotte is run by a councillor and deputy mayor. As a councillor, she along with other sets policy at Bexley Council. I agree that some licences is nonsense, however its raises money for the council.

So did she vote against the licence in question?.

At what point did she know that such a licence was needed?.

Bexley Council issues such licences, to which the councillors vote for.

It's really a matter of understanding the system.
The fact that the Charlotte is run by a councillor and deputy mayor. As a councillor, she along with other sets policy at Bexley Council. I agree that some licences is nonsense, however its raises money for the council. So did she vote against the licence in question?. At what point did she know that such a licence was needed?. Bexley Council issues such licences, to which the councillors vote for. It's really a matter of understanding the system. HearTheFacts
  • Score: 2

11:48am Sun 6 Apr 14

HearTheFacts says...

On checking back Newsshopper reports. The Charlotte in 2008, was refused a licence for nude male shows. One event was held without a licence then, so was this recent matter a mistake?. As claimed by myviews2014, as I know who this person is. Yes hiding behind the name of myview2014, but accuses others of hiding behind their computers.

A mistake once maybe, a second time no unless those behind the Charlotte have short memory's.

So the truth is out!.
On checking back Newsshopper reports. The Charlotte in 2008, was refused a licence for nude male shows. One event was held without a licence then, so was this recent matter a mistake?. As claimed by myviews2014, as I know who this person is. Yes hiding behind the name of myview2014, but accuses others of hiding behind their computers. A mistake once maybe, a second time no unless those behind the Charlotte have short memory's. So the truth is out!. HearTheFacts
  • Score: 2

5:52pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Crayman says...

Any word on an investigation ? It's been a week - I would have thought the council could have made a decision or comment on a matter concerning their deputy major.
Any word on an investigation ? It's been a week - I would have thought the council could have made a decision or comment on a matter concerning their deputy major. Crayman
  • Score: 1

7:57pm Tue 8 Apr 14

Sound Man says...

Crayman wrote:
Any word on an investigation ? It's been a week - I would have thought the council could have made a decision or comment on a matter concerning their deputy major.
I have emailed the council asking the exact same thing, if I hear anything I will post it here.
[quote][p][bold]Crayman[/bold] wrote: Any word on an investigation ? It's been a week - I would have thought the council could have made a decision or comment on a matter concerning their deputy major.[/p][/quote]I have emailed the council asking the exact same thing, if I hear anything I will post it here. Sound Man
  • Score: 1

1:43pm Wed 9 Apr 14

Crayman says...

Sound Man wrote:
Crayman wrote:
Any word on an investigation ? It's been a week - I would have thought the council could have made a decision or comment on a matter concerning their deputy major.
I have emailed the council asking the exact same thing, if I hear anything I will post it here.
Will be interesting, but remember it's for the mayor charity so don't expect too much.
[quote][p][bold]Sound Man[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Crayman[/bold] wrote: Any word on an investigation ? It's been a week - I would have thought the council could have made a decision or comment on a matter concerning their deputy major.[/p][/quote]I have emailed the council asking the exact same thing, if I hear anything I will post it here.[/p][/quote]Will be interesting, but remember it's for the mayor charity so don't expect too much. Crayman
  • Score: 0

1:39pm Wed 30 Apr 14

Crayman says...

Great the way this has just been swept under the carpet.
Great the way this has just been swept under the carpet. Crayman
  • Score: 1

1:47pm Wed 30 Apr 14

Sound Man says...

Sound Man wrote:
Crayman wrote:
Any word on an investigation ? It's been a week - I would have thought the council could have made a decision or comment on a matter concerning their deputy major.
I have emailed the council asking the exact same thing, if I hear anything I will post it here.
I have emailed the council again this week to ask what has happened about my complaint. If I don't hear by the end of next week then I will escalate the complaint higher.
[quote][p][bold]Sound Man[/bold] wrote: [quote][p][bold]Crayman[/bold] wrote: Any word on an investigation ? It's been a week - I would have thought the council could have made a decision or comment on a matter concerning their deputy major.[/p][/quote]I have emailed the council asking the exact same thing, if I hear anything I will post it here.[/p][/quote]I have emailed the council again this week to ask what has happened about my complaint. If I don't hear by the end of next week then I will escalate the complaint higher. Sound Man
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree