A selection of profound musings from the esteemed editor of News Shopper.
Click on the links to read them in context and see what he was actually writing about at the time.
But, whenever someone jumps from a motorway bridge, particularly the Dartford Crossing, or leaps in front of a train, particularly a fast-moving one at a station, the disruption for thousands of people is intolerable. - 'Safe' zones for suicides away from Dartford Crossing and train stations?
Now, before the letters/emails/tweets/general abuse start, I know childbirth is no walk in the park. - Why childbirth is tough on dads as well as mums
Jeremy Forrest didn’t hurt anyone. And before anyone starts bleating on about an abuse of trust, using his position etc, I get all of that ... His career is already shot and he’s not going to be a danger to anyone else, so where’s the justice? - Jeremy Forrest's only crime was falling in love
Suddenly Murray’s achievements paled into insignificance as I realised the biggest question we all face is how to control our own population before we self-destruct. - Questions on age, population control and Andy Murray
At this point, mistakenly and much to my later cost, I thought to myself: “This is too easy, it’s a piece of p***”. - Could News Shopper's editor organise a p***-up in a brewery?
As part of his stage act Magical, as I now know him, somehow combines escapology with break dancing. Sadly our new magical friend was carrying a groin injury meaning his full stage show was impossibility – actually, thinking about it, there was nowhere near the space required in the crowded bar either. - Could News Shopper's editor organise a p***-up in a brewery?
To all my fans at the BBC, I do appreciate the publicity, but you’re still part of the most arrogant, self-seeking and pretentious organisation on earth. - Make sports facilities free for children
My brother tells me that within the space of a week two people he knows both shot and killed themselves ...One apparently planned things well, notes, phone messages to loved ones and one clean shot. The other poor fellow got it wrong and took six hours to bleed to death before being found in his kitchen. - Suicide should be debated
Now, I’m not saying it’s wrong for the man to be there, but it’s now almost impossible for him to say no, whatever he thinks ... Obviously already emotionally charged and deprived of sleep, he will then face seeing the person he loves most in the world subjected to the most painful and traumatic ordeal and yet be powerless to do anything about it. This can have a profound and lasting effect on the man. - Why childbirth is tough on dads as well as mums
I’ve only been racially-abused once, though I did get a lot of flack at school about the size of my ears. - Ginger abuse and ribbing of redheads is not on
This list was submitted as a last-gasp entry for our ‘write a top 10’ competition. It was too good not to use but to save them any embarrassment we've decided not to name who contributed it. They do get our utmost love and respect, though.
The competition has now closed and we'll be revealing the winner soon. Thanks to everyone who submitted a list.
- WATCH: You're a fluttering **** ... did he just say that?! Shocked mum hears C-bomb in CBeebies kite song
- Night Tube and 17 other things Londoners would love to change about the Underground
- This brain-busting pizza puzzle will confuse you – and make you hungry
- WATCH: This office is probably doing the Olympics better than yours
- QUIZ: 82 per cent of people don't know what all these road signs mean - do you?
- WATCH: 'Grandma just says the F-word the whole time' - kids reveal funny secrets of car journeys
- IN PICTURES: Furry, fun and funky - meet south-east London and north Kent's cheekiest animals
- REVEALED: Arlo and Ellie are hot - but what are the other most popular baby names in 2016 so far?
- QUIZ: Can you beat the SE London matching game?
- WATCH: 'They ran out of words when they named it' - Ricky Gervais mocks Orpington in Facebook broadcast