Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bexleyheath brownies celebrate 100th birthday with all-day event
A Bexleyheath brownie group has celebrated its 100th birthday in a special event.
More than 150 youngsters gathered on March 22 to mark the landmark with plate spinning, costumes and singing.
The Watling District brownie group enjoyed the all-day event at St Columba's School in Halcot Avenue, Bexleyheath.
Bexleyheath Division commissioner for Girlguiding Suzanne Umney said: “The day was organised as one of many events to celebrate the Brownies 100th birthday this year.
“A theme of Carnival was chosen and just like a carnival there was lots of music and circus and colour full costumes.
“It was fantastic to see all 170 girls at the end of the day, in their costumes that they had made, dancing and singing in a big finale.”
- UPDATE: Double Downham emergency - launderette fire follows crash on same road
- Catford bank employee who ran up £200k of debt gets book published
- South east London band RetroMuso serve up classic rock sound
- Fist-bumps are better than handshakes and high-fives, say scientists
- Police hunt for witnesses to fight at Sidcup pub
Comments are closed on this article.