Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bexleyheath brownies celebrate 100th birthday with all-day event
A Bexleyheath brownie group has celebrated its 100th birthday in a special event.
More than 150 youngsters gathered on March 22 to mark the landmark with plate spinning, costumes and singing.
The Watling District brownie group enjoyed the all-day event at St Columba's School in Halcot Avenue, Bexleyheath.
Bexleyheath Division commissioner for Girlguiding Suzanne Umney said: “The day was organised as one of many events to celebrate the Brownies 100th birthday this year.
“A theme of Carnival was chosen and just like a carnival there was lots of music and circus and colour full costumes.
“It was fantastic to see all 170 girls at the end of the day, in their costumes that they had made, dancing and singing in a big finale.”
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (August 22 to 25)
- COCKTAIL: Smirnoff Summer Punch
- Cannon and Ball team up with Su Pollard for Robin Hood comedy in Dartford and Bromley
- 'Inappropriate' Facebook friending and offensive online language: Kent Police employees breach social media rules
- Foster charity sets up in Orpington due to lack of carers in the borough
Comments are closed on this article.