Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
'Contemporary' Dartford station unveiled
Updated 2:53pm Monday 31st March 2014 in News
Dartford Station has been officially unveiled in a ribbon-cutting ceremony following a £7 million facelift.
The new look was revealed by Dartford MP Gareth Johnson on Friday (March 28).
The facility in Millpond Road now boasts a three-storey building with a new ticket office to ease movement of passengers at busy periods.
Other improvements include sparkling new toilets and shops on the ground floor of the station as well as more space for parking and waiting areas.
Mr Johnson said: "The contemporary style of the new station building is proving to be very popular with people I have spoken to.
"It gives a very positive first impression for anyone arriving at Dartford for the first time and it is a big improvement from what we had before and a real asset for the town."
- UPDATE: Armed police in South Darenth after woman rushed to hospital
- PICTURED: Bexleyheath's Miss Universe finalist models lingerie live at Bluewater
- Classical music prodigy Chloe Hanslip to join Kent's young musicians in concert
- Popular Greenwich market wins award
- Old people's charity being 'thrown out' of Swanley base by council
Comments are closed on this article.