A submarine has emerged out of the watery depths of the West Wickham flood 'lakes'.
The Sparrows Den playing fields in Addington Road have been submerged since severe weather brought heavy rain earlier this year.
It is not thought the submarine is an invasion vessel as it bears a UK flag - but it is not known why it has moved in.
It is thought it could be to protect a family of ducks from a resident shark, which was spotted in the water on March 14.
The birds, said to number up to 100, had made the water their home and there were concerns for their safety.
- Bromley fight sees police seize rocket launcher, machine gun and assault rifle
- Southeastern declare that rail 'performance was good last week'
- Forest Hill Lib Dem standing for Lewisham West and Penge at election
- Mysterious creature checks in to Travelodge
- Punters unite to 'save' Lewisham pub and live music venue