A submarine has emerged out of the watery depths of the West Wickham flood 'lakes'.
The Sparrows Den playing fields in Addington Road have been submerged since severe weather brought heavy rain earlier this year.
It is not thought the submarine is an invasion vessel as it bears a UK flag - but it is not known why it has moved in.
It is thought it could be to protect a family of ducks from a resident shark, which was spotted in the water on March 14.
The birds, said to number up to 100, had made the water their home and there were concerns for their safety.
- Bus driver describes finding man who wasn’t breathing in Bexleyheath and trying to get help
- ‘I don’t want to draw my curtains’: Anger after huge phone mast goes up due to council mistake
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths
- Sudden death of ‘true gentleman’ could lead to heart screenings for Erith students
- Woman gives birth on platform at London Bridge station