Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
A submarine has emerged from the flooded Sparrows Den playing fields in West Wickham
A submarine has emerged out of the watery depths of the West Wickham flood 'lakes'.
The Sparrows Den playing fields in Addington Road have been submerged since severe weather brought heavy rain earlier this year.
It is not thought the submarine is an invasion vessel as it bears a UK flag - but it is not known why it has moved in.
It is thought it could be to protect a family of ducks from a resident shark, which was spotted in the water on March 14.
The birds, said to number up to 100, had made the water their home and there were concerns for their safety.
- Pakistan legend Saqlain Mushtaq talks cricket ahead of Lashings All Star games in Bromley and Blackheath
- What's on this weekend in south east London and north Kent (August 2 and 3)
- Bexley Council and police investigating if Thamesmead roads were to blame in tragic road death
- Pair trapped in Gravesend crash between van and car
- Firefighters called to huge blaze in Eltham
Comments are closed on this article.