Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Black Sabbath to play British Summer Time at Hyde Park festival
Updated 10:10am Monday 31st March 2014 in News
THE PRINCE of Darkness is set to rumble the Royal Parks this summer.
Black Sabbath, led by Ozzy Osbourne and featuring his legendary band mates Tony Iommi and Geezer Butler, will headline British Summer Time at Hyde Park on July 4.
Ozzy said: "The first time I came to London I didn't have a pot to piss in and I spent the advance I got for the first album on a new pair of shoes and some Brut aftershave.
“Returning almost 50 years on, we are doing a bit better for ourselves so I may even splash out on some new aftershave before taking to the stage at Hyde Park, the most beautiful park in London that has opened its gates to so many legends in the past.
“We are beyond honoured to be allowed to put on a show and hope that the Royals will enjoy it."
Among those also playing on July 4 are Grammy award winning grunge pioneers Soundgarden, Faith No More and Motorhead and Gallows.
British Summer Time at Hyde Park runs from July 4 to 13, with other big names including Neil Young (July 12), McBusted and Backstreet Boys (both July 12).
Go to bst-hydepark.com
- Gerry and the Pacemakers returning to Dartford with 60s Gold
- Catford rapper ShaoDow follows in footsteps of Dr Dre
- 'A lot of bridges were burnt': East 17 discuss new line-up and London gig next week
- South east London band Josh Flowers and the Wild discuss local music scene, festivals and Magners gig
- Wu Tang Clan's Raekwon, DJ Yoda and Scratch Perverts join Greenwich's Brooklyn Bowl line-up
Comments are closed on this article.