Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Bexley thief with sweet tooth steals 40 bars of Cadbury Dairy Milk chocolate
A Bexley man has been fined after stealing 40 bars of Cadburys Dairy Milk from a Co-op store while drunk.
David Sutton, 31, of Albany Close, admitted to stealing £70 worth of the sweet stuff from a promotional aisle of the shop in Blendon Road, Bexley, on March 17.
He appeared at Bexley Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (March 27) charged with theft from a shop.
Sarah O’Leary, mitigating, said: “This is around 40 bars of Cadbury Dairy Milk – a fair feat to carry.
“No one at the store noticed anything at the time.
“He has pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity.
"His building work has suffered as a result of the economic climate.
“He had been drinking and that is what led to the offence.
“My client is very sorry and very embarrassed to be in front of the courts today.”
Chairman of Magistrates John Simpson said: “Your sweet tooth is going to cost you some money.
“You are going to pay £190 altogether, at the rate of £10 per fortnight.”
- UPDATE: 'Crowd took photos and abused me as I saved Catford crash victim's life'
- Series of incidents in Sevenoaks Way area end in serious assault on 15-year-old boy
- VIDEO UPDATE: Dartford strongman Terry Hollands' Herculean stunt for Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson film
- Launch for Charlton community council campaign
- Orpington man: 'Every time there is continuous rainfall I fear my house will flood'
Comments are closed on this article.