A Bexley man has been fined after stealing 40 bars of Cadburys Dairy Milk from a Co-op store while drunk.
David Sutton, 31, of Albany Close, admitted to stealing £70 worth of the sweet stuff from a promotional aisle of the shop in Blendon Road, Bexley, on March 17.
He appeared at Bexley Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (March 27) charged with theft from a shop.
Sarah O’Leary, mitigating, said: “This is around 40 bars of Cadbury Dairy Milk – a fair feat to carry.
“No one at the store noticed anything at the time.
“He has pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity.
"His building work has suffered as a result of the economic climate.
“He had been drinking and that is what led to the offence.
“My client is very sorry and very embarrassed to be in front of the courts today.”
Chairman of Magistrates John Simpson said: “Your sweet tooth is going to cost you some money.
“You are going to pay £190 altogether, at the rate of £10 per fortnight.”
- WATCH: Shocking video of man hit by driving instructor's car in Woolwich
- No more happy endings after New Cross 'sex cinema' is shut down
- PICTURED: Sidcup road closed both ways due to sinkhole
- 'She must be avoided': Hilarious sign warns of Barnehurst's 'dumpy pervert'
- Chart topper Jamie Lawson tells us how a chance meeting with Ed Sheeran in Balham changed his life