A Bexley man has been fined after stealing 40 bars of Cadburys Dairy Milk from a Co-op store while drunk.
David Sutton, 31, of Albany Close, admitted to stealing £70 worth of the sweet stuff from a promotional aisle of the shop in Blendon Road, Bexley, on March 17.
He appeared at Bexley Magistrates’ Court on Thursday (March 27) charged with theft from a shop.
Sarah O’Leary, mitigating, said: “This is around 40 bars of Cadbury Dairy Milk – a fair feat to carry.
“No one at the store noticed anything at the time.
“He has pleaded guilty at the earliest opportunity.
"His building work has suffered as a result of the economic climate.
“He had been drinking and that is what led to the offence.
“My client is very sorry and very embarrassed to be in front of the courts today.”
Chairman of Magistrates John Simpson said: “Your sweet tooth is going to cost you some money.
“You are going to pay £190 altogether, at the rate of £10 per fortnight.”
- Headteacher 'sacked for bringing sex offender Stuart Kerner to school'
- 'You are going to do something you regret': Girlfriend's words to boyfriend before he 'ordered revenge attack' on Ben Fasina
- 5 Thoughts for the weekend, from a man's perspective
- Investigation launched after woman dragged under West Wickham train leaving her with 'life changing' injuries
- Motorcyclist 'thrown 15 metres into the air' in St Mary Cray crash