Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Ebbsfleet United trio make 132 mile Conference South away trip to Brighton on a boat
A trio of fanatical Ebbsfleet United fans gave new meaning to the term roundabout trip by taking to the high seas to watch their beloved team.
Skipper Andy King, 18-year-old Joe Glidwell and Danny Eakins jumped aboard an angling boat called Evelyn Jane to catch the Fleet’s away clash with Whitehawk in the Conference South.
Setting off from Strood on the 132 nautical mile route to the town, near Brighton, the three made an overnight trip to see their club held 1-1.
During the 20-hour odyssey they encountered choppy waters after dropping anchor on the night of March 14 for the game the following day.
Amazingly, after arriving back in the early hours of Monday morning and getting a couple of hours’ sleep, the group were soon back on the road, travelling to watch The Fleet’s 2-1 defeat away to Havant & Waterlooville in the evening.
Evelyn Jane skipper Andy said: "I don't always like taking the easy option.
"After all, why do people climb Everest? The answer is because they can.
"Obviously driving a boat to Brighton isn't the same but the principle is."
- BMW falls off tow truck and hits line of parked cars in Welling
- Rapper Professor Green discusses his new album and why Lewisham police are 'silly sods'
- Mottingham to host first major event as part of £1million community funding
- UPDATE: Woolwich crash leaves van on roof
- Thamesmead in Bloom shows residents at their green-fingered best
Comments are closed on this article.