Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
'We're Londoners too' - Twitter plea for Boris Johnson to take over Southeastern trains
The Mayor of London made the statement during an "Ask Boris" question and answer session on Twitter today (March 27).
Alberto Galloni asked: "Can you please support TfL taking over the SE London Metro lines & improve the service for us? We're Londoners too."
The mayor replied: "Yes absolutely this is the single best and most cost efficient way of improving transport in London."
Mr Johnson has made several calls for control of the capital's suburban railways to be handed over to City Hall.
A recent survey showed Southeastern had the joint lowest customer satisfaction levels in the whole country.
However, hopes of a takeover appeared to be scuppered last year after the Department for Transport delayed any decision on new franchises until 2018.
- Greenwich cable car launches joint Thames Clippers ticket
- 10 of the worst excuses for drivers stopping illegally on hard shoulder of motorways
- PICTURED: Overturned lorry closes three lanes of M25 near Swanley
- Dartford Crossing tunnel reopens 17 hours after four lorry smash
- UPDATE: 13-year-old girl dead after being hit by lorry in Catford
Comments are closed on this article.