The Mayor of London made the statement during an "Ask Boris" question and answer session on Twitter today (March 27).
Alberto Galloni asked: "Can you please support TfL taking over the SE London Metro lines & improve the service for us? We're Londoners too."
The mayor replied: "Yes absolutely this is the single best and most cost efficient way of improving transport in London."
Mr Johnson has made several calls for control of the capital's suburban railways to be handed over to City Hall.
A recent survey showed Southeastern had the joint lowest customer satisfaction levels in the whole country.
However, hopes of a takeover appeared to be scuppered last year after the Department for Transport delayed any decision on new franchises until 2018.
- 5 top tips on how to appeal a parking fine
- Lewisham signal problem disrupts Southeastern trains from London Bridge to Crayford, Barnehurst
- Burst water main shuts Verdant Lane, Hither Green
- UPDATE: Charlton burglary suspect arrested after 17-hour tree stand-off causes Southeastern chaos
- VIDEO: Donna 'Train' loves rail travel - but do you love or loathe it?