The Mayor of London made the statement during an "Ask Boris" question and answer session on Twitter today (March 27).
Alberto Galloni asked: "Can you please support TfL taking over the SE London Metro lines & improve the service for us? We're Londoners too."
The mayor replied: "Yes absolutely this is the single best and most cost efficient way of improving transport in London."
Mr Johnson has made several calls for control of the capital's suburban railways to be handed over to City Hall.
A recent survey showed Southeastern had the joint lowest customer satisfaction levels in the whole country.
However, hopes of a takeover appeared to be scuppered last year after the Department for Transport delayed any decision on new franchises until 2018.
- 11 facts and figures you might not know about London's massive Crossrail project
- Southeastern says timetable changes need time to 'bed-in'
- How was your commute? Southeastern 'overcrowding and fights' after new timetable and bus strike
- 24-hour bus strike causes travel disruption
- 'It's time to renationalise the railways'