UPDATED: Two men arrested on suspicion of assaulting a bus driver in Bexleyheath (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
UPDATED: Two men arrested on suspicion of assaulting a bus driver in Bexleyheath
Two 22-year-old men were arrested on suspicion of assaulting a bus driver in Bexleyheath town centre on Thursday (CORR) morning.
Geddes Place, where the buses terminate near the Furze Wren pub, was closed at the junction with Arnsberg Way and Chapel Road at 8.30am.
The victim declined treatment from the London Ambulance Service and the road was re-opened by 9am.
Dan Cooper, 26, who works at the pub, told News Shopper: "I came to work about 8am and I saw two men being arrested by police.
"There was about 100 school kids looking at the commotion and what was going on.
"The road was closed for a while, but everything went back to normal quite quickly."
Bus routes 96, 99 and 269 were affected and were put on diversion.
The men arrested, one from Erith and one from Dartford, remain in custody at a south London police station.
- Police find man's body in South Darenth seige
- Police appeal as Penge boy goes missing for almost a week
- Dartford sprinter Adam Gemili sets sights on Jamaicans after Commonwealth silver
- Southfleet couple reveal horrifying injuries from baseball attack
- Pet of the Day: Mooch the cat who likes walkies and travelling
Comments are closed on this article.