Welling-born singer Kate Bush delighted fans and caused a massive stir online last week with the surprise announcement of a series of live shows - 35 years after she retired from touring.
To celebrate Bush’s return to the stage, we take a look back at simpler times to show how very different the world was when she last toured in 1979.
1. Charles and Diana were merely courting
2. Unleaded petrol hadn’t been introduced yet
3. There were only three TV channels
4. Margaret Thatcher became Britain’s first female prime minister
5. Art Garfunkel was No. 1 in the UK with Bright Eyes
6. The Jubilee line of the London Underground had just been opened
7. The internet didn’t exist!
8. Kylie was a 13-year-old living in Australia
9. The Channel Tunnel hadn’t even been conceived
10. Nobody had an iPhone!
11. John Lennon was still alive
This list is reproduced with the kind permission of the official Ticketmaster blog
Kate Bush will play a series of 15 shows called Before the Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith starting on August 26. For more details and tickets head over to the Ticketmaster site here
- Think you know Greenwich? Take our fiendishly difficult picture quiz
- ET didn't go home - he's in a tree trunk in Blackfen
- PICTURES: Teasy does it! It's World Tea Day today - here are the best places for a cuppa
- VIDEO: Underground rave on an Underground train gets broken up by police
- 12 crazy News Shopper stories that could be April Fools’ Day jokes but aren’t
- What have the Irish ever done for us? At least these 10 great things, to be sure
- Boys in blue (and we're not talking policemen) are most likely to get south London ladies swiping right on Tinder
- Could you be a butler in the buff? This job is for blokes with naked ambition
- REVEALED: Everything including the kitchen sink - where lusty Londoners love having sex around the home
- GALLERY: The best places to celebrate National Pizza Day according to our readers