Welling-born singer Kate Bush delighted fans and caused a massive stir online last week with the surprise announcement of a series of live shows - 35 years after she retired from touring.
To celebrate Bush’s return to the stage, we take a look back at simpler times to show how very different the world was when she last toured in 1979.
1. Charles and Diana were merely courting
2. Unleaded petrol hadn’t been introduced yet
3. There were only three TV channels
4. Margaret Thatcher became Britain’s first female prime minister
5. Art Garfunkel was No. 1 in the UK with Bright Eyes
6. The Jubilee line of the London Underground had just been opened
7. The internet didn’t exist!
8. Kylie was a 13-year-old living in Australia
9. The Channel Tunnel hadn’t even been conceived
10. Nobody had an iPhone!
11. John Lennon was still alive
This list is reproduced with the kind permission of the official Ticketmaster blog
Kate Bush will play a series of 15 shows called Before the Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith starting on August 26. For more details and tickets head over to the Ticketmaster site here
- VIDEO: See Erasure singalong at Tube station - what surprise moments have made you smile?
- Did you know these 5 stars went to college in Sidcup?
- 13 adorable questions kids most commonly ask Father Christmas
- Top ten TV moments of 2014
- 13 pictures of Elvis in Greenwich
- Photofun: Share a picture of what you're wearing for Christmas Jumper Day
- Stat Chat: What have Londoners talked about most on Twitter in 2014?
- PICS AND VIDEO: Best Christmas lights in Bromley? Check out 5 outrageous home displays
- Stat Chat: 6 signs that tell if you are a foodie
- Who's number one on top 10 most played Christmas songs of the year?