Welling-born singer Kate Bush delighted fans and caused a massive stir online last week with the surprise announcement of a series of live shows - 35 years after she retired from touring.
To celebrate Bush’s return to the stage, we take a look back at simpler times to show how very different the world was when she last toured in 1979.
1. Charles and Diana were merely courting
2. Unleaded petrol hadn’t been introduced yet
3. There were only three TV channels
4. Margaret Thatcher became Britain’s first female prime minister
5. Art Garfunkel was No. 1 in the UK with Bright Eyes
6. The Jubilee line of the London Underground had just been opened
7. The internet didn’t exist!
8. Kylie was a 13-year-old living in Australia
9. The Channel Tunnel hadn’t even been conceived
10. Nobody had an iPhone!
11. John Lennon was still alive
This list is reproduced with the kind permission of the official Ticketmaster blog
Kate Bush will play a series of 15 shows called Before the Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith starting on August 26. For more details and tickets head over to the Ticketmaster site here
- PICTURES: Big dogs, little dogs, lots of dogs! More than 180 Cute Pets entries to browse through
- REVEALED: 17 return flights to Europe which cost LESS than your daily Kent commute to London
- Jungle Book frozen out by Disney classics in merchandise rush
- GALLERY: 21 south-east London and north Kent dogging hotspots listed on sex websites revealed
- 24 of your favourite fish and chip shops in south east London and north Kent
- 12 crazy News Shopper stories that could be April Fools’ Day jokes but aren’t
- 14 of Ronnie Corbett's best jokes to remember him by
- WINNERS: This is who you've chosen as the most attractive man and woman in the News Shopper area
- Eggcellent: Can you spot the egg hidden in a sea of bunnies?
- LAST FEW DAYS: See all the photos in our search for area's most attractive man and woman - then choose your favourite