Welling-born singer Kate Bush delighted fans and caused a massive stir online last week with the surprise announcement of a series of live shows - 35 years after she retired from touring.
To celebrate Bush’s return to the stage, we take a look back at simpler times to show how very different the world was when she last toured in 1979.
1. Charles and Diana were merely courting
2. Unleaded petrol hadn’t been introduced yet
3. There were only three TV channels
4. Margaret Thatcher became Britain’s first female prime minister
5. Art Garfunkel was No. 1 in the UK with Bright Eyes
6. The Jubilee line of the London Underground had just been opened
7. The internet didn’t exist!
8. Kylie was a 13-year-old living in Australia
9. The Channel Tunnel hadn’t even been conceived
10. Nobody had an iPhone!
11. John Lennon was still alive
This list is reproduced with the kind permission of the official Ticketmaster blog
Kate Bush will play a series of 15 shows called Before the Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith starting on August 26. For more details and tickets head over to the Ticketmaster site here
- 13 of your favourite places to get a roast dinner in south east London and north Kent
- What's new, pussycat? See the first kitty photos in our Cute Pets contest
- See the 10 dogs through to our Cute Pets final - and send photos for the next CATegory
- Aliens have landed: 15 of the best News Shopper UFO sightings
- 7 reasons why Friday the 13th is considered an unlucky date
- QUIZ: Smarter than a 10-year-old? See how many SATs English questions you can answer
- 7 amusing reactions to the Charlton hole that swallowed a car
- GALLERY: Which of these 300-plus dogs should go through to our Cute Pets final?
- REVEALED: 17 return flights to Europe which cost LESS than your daily Kent commute to London
- Jungle Book frozen out by Disney classics in merchandise rush