Welling-born singer Kate Bush delighted fans and caused a massive stir online last week with the surprise announcement of a series of live shows - 35 years after she retired from touring.
To celebrate Bush’s return to the stage, we take a look back at simpler times to show how very different the world was when she last toured in 1979.
1. Charles and Diana were merely courting
2. Unleaded petrol hadn’t been introduced yet
3. There were only three TV channels
4. Margaret Thatcher became Britain’s first female prime minister
5. Art Garfunkel was No. 1 in the UK with Bright Eyes
6. The Jubilee line of the London Underground had just been opened
7. The internet didn’t exist!
8. Kylie was a 13-year-old living in Australia
9. The Channel Tunnel hadn’t even been conceived
10. Nobody had an iPhone!
11. John Lennon was still alive
This list is reproduced with the kind permission of the official Ticketmaster blog
Kate Bush will play a series of 15 shows called Before the Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith starting on August 26. For more details and tickets head over to the Ticketmaster site here
- PICTURED: 10 birds most likely to be in your garden and 10 tips for attracting them
- UPDATED: 9 amazing cakes and why you should support your local baker
- 10 essential student buys to pick up at Bluewater, Bexleyheath and Intu Bromley student discount nights
- 20 super summery selfies that might put a smile on your face
- Eagles fans finish 17th in Premier League infidelity table with Chelsea top ahead of Liverpool
- VIDEO: 'It's a joke' - Rio Ferdinand and other stars moan about their Fifa 15 stats
- 5 things to see and do in...Bexley Village
- 7 things to see at upcoming Greenwich Tall Ships Festival
- VIDEO News Shopper editor takes the Ice Bucket Challenge
- 5 thoughts of the week: Beard nets on the Bake Off, tyres, Twitter and Cliff Richard