Welling-born singer Kate Bush delighted fans and caused a massive stir online last week with the surprise announcement of a series of live shows - 35 years after she retired from touring.
To celebrate Bush’s return to the stage, we take a look back at simpler times to show how very different the world was when she last toured in 1979.
1. Charles and Diana were merely courting
2. Unleaded petrol hadn’t been introduced yet
3. There were only three TV channels
4. Margaret Thatcher became Britain’s first female prime minister
5. Art Garfunkel was No. 1 in the UK with Bright Eyes
6. The Jubilee line of the London Underground had just been opened
7. The internet didn’t exist!
8. Kylie was a 13-year-old living in Australia
9. The Channel Tunnel hadn’t even been conceived
10. Nobody had an iPhone!
11. John Lennon was still alive
This list is reproduced with the kind permission of the official Ticketmaster blog
Kate Bush will play a series of 15 shows called Before the Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith starting on August 26. For more details and tickets head over to the Ticketmaster site here
- REVEALED: Top 50 children's books and top 20 best-loved children's characters
- 12 policies cats and dogs want to see in the 2015 general election
- FUNNY FRUIT: As first 2015 crop appears, will we get another penis or foot-shaped strawberry?
- 5 'ninja' dog videos to enjoy - does your pooch also have a special talent?
- 5.2in is the answer that will please men - but what is the question?
- It's all in the numbers: March 3 could be your lucky money day
- Ultimate playlist: Are these the best 40 songs to get you through the working day?
- Is yours a top job? Data shows what the best 25 jobs in the UK are
- Dine like James Bond: restaurants where 007 ate revealed
- Top 10 bizarre but real reasons why your trains have been delayed