Welling-born singer Kate Bush delighted fans and caused a massive stir online last week with the surprise announcement of a series of live shows - 35 years after she retired from touring.
To celebrate Bush’s return to the stage, we take a look back at simpler times to show how very different the world was when she last toured in 1979.
1. Charles and Diana were merely courting
2. Unleaded petrol hadn’t been introduced yet
3. There were only three TV channels
4. Margaret Thatcher became Britain’s first female prime minister
5. Art Garfunkel was No. 1 in the UK with Bright Eyes
6. The Jubilee line of the London Underground had just been opened
7. The internet didn’t exist!
8. Kylie was a 13-year-old living in Australia
9. The Channel Tunnel hadn’t even been conceived
10. Nobody had an iPhone!
11. John Lennon was still alive
This list is reproduced with the kind permission of the official Ticketmaster blog
Kate Bush will play a series of 15 shows called Before the Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith starting on August 26. For more details and tickets head over to the Ticketmaster site here
- Stat Chat: Top 10 celebs we'd most love to sit down for breakfast with
- 9 amazingly weird things we learnt about south east Londoners from YouGov profiles
- Stat Chat: Top 10 items on Christmas gift wish-lists
- 11 ingredients to make Christmas dinner for just £2.66 per person
- Stat Chat: Tenth of people claim never to have told a lie - the liars!
- 5 top tips for a relaxed Christmas
- Sex in Bluewater car park?
- REVEALED: 10 best films of 2014 and the 10 unmissable films for 2015
- Brockley postbox given 'makeover' by mystery resident
- Stat Chat: Top 15 most essential items for day-to-day living