Welling-born singer Kate Bush delighted fans and caused a massive stir online last week with the surprise announcement of a series of live shows - 35 years after she retired from touring.
To celebrate Bush’s return to the stage, we take a look back at simpler times to show how very different the world was when she last toured in 1979.
1. Charles and Diana were merely courting
2. Unleaded petrol hadn’t been introduced yet
3. There were only three TV channels
4. Margaret Thatcher became Britain’s first female prime minister
5. Art Garfunkel was No. 1 in the UK with Bright Eyes
6. The Jubilee line of the London Underground had just been opened
7. The internet didn’t exist!
8. Kylie was a 13-year-old living in Australia
9. The Channel Tunnel hadn’t even been conceived
10. Nobody had an iPhone!
11. John Lennon was still alive
This list is reproduced with the kind permission of the official Ticketmaster blog
Kate Bush will play a series of 15 shows called Before the Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith starting on August 26. For more details and tickets head over to the Ticketmaster site here
- 'Worst time of my life': Woman who took Tinder date to Turkey and landed in middle of coup hits back
- Tarzan impressions and 11 other activities you won’t believe have been banned
- Tinder date lands man in Turkey amid military coup - and he doesn't like the girl
- Pokemon Go away! 46 past toys and fashions proving today's crazes just aren't as good
- Can you spot the mobile phone in this photo of a rug?
- QUIZ: God save the what now? Test how well you actually know the national anthem
- 11 hilarious but very tenuous reasons to support Wales in Euro 2016
- BIGGER THAN BREXIT: 11 other huge calls to reconsider if there's an EU referendum do-over
- CUTE PETS FINAL: Time to vote for the adorable animal you think should win
- SHUT UP! Things wrapped in bacon are good - but these 10 new business phrases you'll soon hate are not