Welling-born singer Kate Bush delighted fans and caused a massive stir online last week with the surprise announcement of a series of live shows - 35 years after she retired from touring.
To celebrate Bush’s return to the stage, we take a look back at simpler times to show how very different the world was when she last toured in 1979.
1. Charles and Diana were merely courting
2. Unleaded petrol hadn’t been introduced yet
3. There were only three TV channels
4. Margaret Thatcher became Britain’s first female prime minister
5. Art Garfunkel was No. 1 in the UK with Bright Eyes
6. The Jubilee line of the London Underground had just been opened
7. The internet didn’t exist!
8. Kylie was a 13-year-old living in Australia
9. The Channel Tunnel hadn’t even been conceived
10. Nobody had an iPhone!
11. John Lennon was still alive
This list is reproduced with the kind permission of the official Ticketmaster blog
Kate Bush will play a series of 15 shows called Before the Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith starting on August 26. For more details and tickets head over to the Ticketmaster site here
- WATCH: You're a fluttering **** ... did he just say that?! Shocked mum hears C-bomb in CBeebies kite song
- Night Tube and 17 other things Londoners would love to change about the Underground
- This brain-busting pizza puzzle will confuse you – and make you hungry
- WATCH: This office is probably doing the Olympics better than yours
- QUIZ: 82 per cent of people don't know what all these road signs mean - do you?
- WATCH: 'Grandma just says the F-word the whole time' - kids reveal funny secrets of car journeys
- IN PICTURES: Furry, fun and funky - meet south-east London and north Kent's cheekiest animals
- REVEALED: Arlo and Ellie are hot - but what are the other most popular baby names in 2016 so far?
- QUIZ: Can you beat the SE London matching game?
- WATCH: 'They ran out of words when they named it' - Ricky Gervais mocks Orpington in Facebook broadcast