Welling-born singer Kate Bush delighted fans and caused a massive stir online last week with the surprise announcement of a series of live shows - 35 years after she retired from touring.
To celebrate Bush’s return to the stage, we take a look back at simpler times to show how very different the world was when she last toured in 1979.
1. Charles and Diana were merely courting
2. Unleaded petrol hadn’t been introduced yet
3. There were only three TV channels
4. Margaret Thatcher became Britain’s first female prime minister
5. Art Garfunkel was No. 1 in the UK with Bright Eyes
6. The Jubilee line of the London Underground had just been opened
7. The internet didn’t exist!
8. Kylie was a 13-year-old living in Australia
9. The Channel Tunnel hadn’t even been conceived
10. Nobody had an iPhone!
11. John Lennon was still alive
This list is reproduced with the kind permission of the official Ticketmaster blog
Kate Bush will play a series of 15 shows called Before the Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith starting on August 26. For more details and tickets head over to the Ticketmaster site here
- QUIZ: Millwall v Charlton - how much do you know about past SE London derbies?
- QUIZ: Ukip or Mel Gibson - can you tell who said these outrageous comments?
- 10 things you might not know about Greenwich’s Royal Observatory
- McBusted caption competition: your funniest, silliest and most outrageous entries
- Beyond Bedlam: 7 reasons why patients were locked up in infamous Beckenham mental hospital
- Photofun: Make us happy by sharing a picture of what makes you smile
- Fascinating new map shows most popular beers in 100 countries around the world
- Blow me down! World’s biggest bubble in London bursts into record books
- Boris's Balls are better than a bridge - and so are these 4 other Thames crossing ideas
- PICTURED: Rudely shaped carrot grown in allotment in Lower Belvedere