Welling-born singer Kate Bush delighted fans and caused a massive stir online last week with the surprise announcement of a series of live shows - 35 years after she retired from touring.
To celebrate Bush’s return to the stage, we take a look back at simpler times to show how very different the world was when she last toured in 1979.
1. Charles and Diana were merely courting
2. Unleaded petrol hadn’t been introduced yet
3. There were only three TV channels
4. Margaret Thatcher became Britain’s first female prime minister
5. Art Garfunkel was No. 1 in the UK with Bright Eyes
6. The Jubilee line of the London Underground had just been opened
7. The internet didn’t exist!
8. Kylie was a 13-year-old living in Australia
9. The Channel Tunnel hadn’t even been conceived
10. Nobody had an iPhone!
11. John Lennon was still alive
This list is reproduced with the kind permission of the official Ticketmaster blog
Kate Bush will play a series of 15 shows called Before the Dawn at London’s Eventim Apollo, Hammersmith starting on August 26. For more details and tickets head over to the Ticketmaster site here
- 11 facts and figures you might not know about London's massive Crossrail project
- 14 gorgeous nature photos showing how beautiful SE London and north Kent can be
- 7 of the best book events happening in south London in January and February
- MAPPED: 9 of the best fish and chip shops in south east London and north Kent
- 4 creepy housing ads offering free rooms in exchange for sex
- 5 top tips to beat Blue Monday: Can you face 'most depressing day of year' with a smile?
- 7 of the best breakfasts in south east London and north Kent
- 6 amazing photos of the cosmos: Greenwich observatory search for Astronomy Photographer of the Year
- 11 weird and wonderful places for a wedding in south east London
- Tell us your best #foxnewsfacts after London 'Muslim religious police' TV gaffe