A sword-hoarding Eltham man has been jailed for six years after a BMW crash led police to his gun and drug lair.
Officers were alerted to a silver BMW being driven erratically and colliding with a number of vehicles in Westhorne Avenue on November 27 last year at around 9am.
They tracked the smashed car to the home of James Innes, of Courtlands Avenue, who jumped out of a window to escape police.
The 33-year-old’s house contained two cannabis factories, a crossbow, swords, two handguns, a shotgun barrel as well as class A and B drugs, a stab vest and cash.
Innes was sentenced at Woolwich Crown Court on March 3 to six years in prison after admitting possession of a firearm, production of cannabis, possession of class A and B drugs and driving offences.
Police caught him after viewing Innes’ own CCTV footage, set up to film inside and outside his house, where they saw him jump from a window and throw a gun over a fence.
He later complained of chest pains and was taken to hospital twice under armed guard where he tried to escape on November 30.
Speaking after the sentencing, Detective Constable Danny Banks, officer in the case from Plumstead CID, said: “Our team of detectives conducted a thorough investigation and we are pleased with the result of our enquiries.
“The sentence provided highlights the severity of the crimes committed by Innes who even tried to escape from custody.”
- Video shows 'migrants being helped off lorry on M25 in Dartford'
- 'Huge milestone': Green light for 1,500 new Thamesmead homes as huge £1bn regeneration scheme starts
- Crayford Road water pipe repairs complete - road to reopen soon
- Damaged water pipe causes fountain to appear in Blackheath street
- Shocking figures show how long you'd have to live to afford buying your first south London home