A sparkling new stained glass window has been installed at an Orpington school.
North Kent National Association of Decorative and Fine Art Studies (NADFAS) was behind the project, which now brings colour to a staircase at St Philomena’s Catholic Primary in Chelsfield Road.
Sally Lerner, of NADFAS, worked alongside Deptford sculptress Maggie Higginson, head teacher Veronica Maher and pupils at the school to produce the artwork.
On Friday March 21 the window was unveiled by Orpington MP Jo Johnson, who said: “This is a wonderful example of the generosity and community spirit of Orpington.
“People of different ages, backgrounds and abilities have come together to make something truly special”.
- Man dies in house fire in Orpington
- Greenwich man charged with rape of girl in Thamesmead
- Woman's life work at risk due to damning Ofsted report
- Fourth man charged over murder of Ben Fasina in Thamesmead
- 20-year-old Gravesend man guilty of raping and assaulting a young boy