A Blackheath spring cleaning event saw more than 30 volunteers roll up their sleeves and tidy up the heath.
The team collected around 50 bags of rubbish with items including a push bike, two Christmas trees and a trainer on March 22.
MP for Lewisham East Heidi Alexander joined Blackheath Ward councillors Coun Chris Maines, Coun Kevin Bonavia and Coun Amanda De Ryk in what aims to become an annual event.
Coun Bonavia said: "I was really pleased to see a big turnout of local residents who wanted to 'do their bit' in getting the heath looking its best for us all to enjoy in (hopefully) a lovely spring and summer ahead.
"I found the litter-picking surprisingly therapeutic, though the strong winds sometimes meant a lot of chasing around!"
- Blackheath hospital unveils £3.8 million operating theatre
- Catford man cleared of Thamesmead kidnap
- Sydenham paedophile ring linked to church choir jailed for years of sex abuse
- Sixties stars to swing again in Bromley
- Full evacuation follows fire alarm at Ebbsfleet station