A Blackheath spring cleaning event saw more than 30 volunteers roll up their sleeves and tidy up the heath.
The team collected around 50 bags of rubbish with items including a push bike, two Christmas trees and a trainer on March 22.
MP for Lewisham East Heidi Alexander joined Blackheath Ward councillors Coun Chris Maines, Coun Kevin Bonavia and Coun Amanda De Ryk in what aims to become an annual event.
Coun Bonavia said: "I was really pleased to see a big turnout of local residents who wanted to 'do their bit' in getting the heath looking its best for us all to enjoy in (hopefully) a lovely spring and summer ahead.
"I found the litter-picking surprisingly therapeutic, though the strong winds sometimes meant a lot of chasing around!"
- UPDATE: Crystal Palace fan tracks down woman he met on train after viral Twitter plea
- VIDEO: 'I'm not scared anymore' - Slade Green 7-year-old gives emotional speech about cancer treatment
- Heartless thieves steal family heirlooms from 65-year-old’s Beckenham home
- Goldsmiths memorial service remembers Holocaust victims and survivors
- Erith man with spine condition wins employment tribunal