A Blackheath spring cleaning event saw more than 30 volunteers roll up their sleeves and tidy up the heath.
The team collected around 50 bags of rubbish with items including a push bike, two Christmas trees and a trainer on March 22.
MP for Lewisham East Heidi Alexander joined Blackheath Ward councillors Coun Chris Maines, Coun Kevin Bonavia and Coun Amanda De Ryk in what aims to become an annual event.
Coun Bonavia said: "I was really pleased to see a big turnout of local residents who wanted to 'do their bit' in getting the heath looking its best for us all to enjoy in (hopefully) a lovely spring and summer ahead.
"I found the litter-picking surprisingly therapeutic, though the strong winds sometimes meant a lot of chasing around!"
- Welling X Factor hopeful, Charlie Jones, urges fans to 'vote for Stereo Kicks' in Movie Week
- Work begins on Swanley Gateway
- Thirteen weird Halloween facts to help keep the spooks at bay
- PICTURED: Traffic chaos in Kent after five-vehicle pile-up at the Dartford Tunnel
- Thamesmead woman, Joy Williams, 24, dies during cosmetic surgery in Thailand