A Blackheath spring cleaning event saw more than 30 volunteers roll up their sleeves and tidy up the heath.
The team collected around 50 bags of rubbish with items including a push bike, two Christmas trees and a trainer on March 22.
MP for Lewisham East Heidi Alexander joined Blackheath Ward councillors Coun Chris Maines, Coun Kevin Bonavia and Coun Amanda De Ryk in what aims to become an annual event.
Coun Bonavia said: "I was really pleased to see a big turnout of local residents who wanted to 'do their bit' in getting the heath looking its best for us all to enjoy in (hopefully) a lovely spring and summer ahead.
"I found the litter-picking surprisingly therapeutic, though the strong winds sometimes meant a lot of chasing around!"
- New database to 'name and shame' dodgy landlords
- An 18-year-old man is fighting for his life after being stabbed in broad daylight by a gang of youths
- Concern grows for 'vulnerable' missing 13-year-old
- Sudden death of ‘true gentleman’ could lead to heart screenings for Erith students
- Man dies after being found by police in Bexleyheath