A Blackheath spring cleaning event saw more than 30 volunteers roll up their sleeves and tidy up the heath.
The team collected around 50 bags of rubbish with items including a push bike, two Christmas trees and a trainer on March 22.
MP for Lewisham East Heidi Alexander joined Blackheath Ward councillors Coun Chris Maines, Coun Kevin Bonavia and Coun Amanda De Ryk in what aims to become an annual event.
Coun Bonavia said: "I was really pleased to see a big turnout of local residents who wanted to 'do their bit' in getting the heath looking its best for us all to enjoy in (hopefully) a lovely spring and summer ahead.
"I found the litter-picking surprisingly therapeutic, though the strong winds sometimes meant a lot of chasing around!"
- Letter from 'Prime Minister' praising council for £85m of cuts posted in Lewisham bus stops
- QUIZ: Ukip or Mel Gibson - can you tell who said these outrageous comments?
- Former Deptford Air Raid Warden celebrates 100th birthday
- Two teenagers charged over burglary in The Grove, Gravesend
- Family flee as tumble dryer fire destroys garage of Gravesend home