Beckenham woman gets 'I love you mummy' text from daughter on faulty Malaysia Airlines flight (From News Shopper)
Get involved: Send pictures, video, news and views - text NEWS SHOPPER to 80360 or email us
Beckenham woman gets 'I love you mummy' text from daughter on faulty Malaysia Airlines flight
A Beckenham mother heard how her daughter thought she was going to die as her Malaysian Airlines flight was forced to make an unscheduled landing.
Jenny Barbaro, 61, recieved a text from her daughter Luisa, 26, yesterday (March 24) that simply read: "I love you mummy".
The passenger had been on a plane from Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia to Seoul, South Korea, when crew told travellers to prepare for an emergency water landing in the early hours of the morning.
It has been reported the daughter feared the worst when the plane had to land in Hong Kong following an electrical fault.
Mrs Barbaro said: "She thought she was going to die. She said one of the engines sounded really weird.
"Eventually she phoned me when she was on the ground and said they had made an emergency landing at Hong Kong."
The news comes as Malaysian authorities announce it must be assumed the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 crashed into the southern Indian Ocean, with no survivors.
- What's on this bank holiday weekend (August 22 to 25)
- COCKTAIL: Smirnoff Summer Punch
- Cannon and Ball team up with Su Pollard for Robin Hood comedy in Dartford and Bromley
- 'Inappropriate' Facebook friending and offensive online language: Kent Police employees breach social media rules
- Foster charity sets up in Orpington due to lack of carers in the borough
Comments are closed on this article.