A Beckenham mother heard how her daughter thought she was going to die as her Malaysian Airlines flight was forced to make an unscheduled landing.
Jenny Barbaro, 61, recieved a text from her daughter Luisa, 26, yesterday (March 24) that simply read: "I love you mummy".
The passenger had been on a plane from Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia to Seoul, South Korea, when crew told travellers to prepare for an emergency water landing in the early hours of the morning.
It has been reported the daughter feared the worst when the plane had to land in Hong Kong following an electrical fault.
Mrs Barbaro said: "She thought she was going to die. She said one of the engines sounded really weird.
"Eventually she phoned me when she was on the ground and said they had made an emergency landing at Hong Kong."
The news comes as Malaysian authorities announce it must be assumed the missing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370 crashed into the southern Indian Ocean, with no survivors.
- Teenager in critical condition after Grove Park stabbing
- 'She loved her sex toy more than me': Jealous man smashed up ex-girlfriend's vibrator
- Flooding around Shortlands station area due to burst water main
- Sex party-goer 'called by as sadomasochist was strangling Greenhithe police officer'
- Swanscombe man jailed for part in £6.9m tax evasion fraud